The ultimate truck

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I would do is throw a flatbed on it and have an inline 6 diesel in it. Just a few weeks ago I looked at this very truck, and am hoping to buy it yet. 1997 F-350, CC, Dually, 4x4, 6BT Cummins, CM Flatbed.

DesertBen44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THAT is a nice truck!!! Trucks like that are what put me over teh edge to build a ford with a cummins rather then restore a dodge, I figure if I ever have a kid I wont have to be one of those sad ads on craigslist "yea I put my life and 20k in this truck, but now I need more room for a kid, selling for 4k OB". Figure if I ever have a kid and need more room Ill just swap the drivetrain over to one of these plentiful and beautiful 4 door longbed duallies!

thing is GORGEOUS

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering...did they do the conversion "right" with a genuine pickup DRW axle, bed, and front hubs, or did they "just" use Arrowcraft adapters and fenders?

Nice looking truck overall, although IMHO the black rims are out of place...black rims look great on a work truck, but that's a "pretty truck" :angel:

Trucks like that are what put me over teh edge to build a ford with a cummins rather then restore a dodge, I figure if I ever have a kid I wont have to be one of those sad ads on craigslist "yea I put my life and 20k in this truck, but now I need more room for a kid, selling for 4k OB". Figure if I ever have a kid and need more room Ill just swap the drivetrain over to one of these plentiful and beautiful 4 door longbed duallies!
I have to say that I agree completely with your logic! I grew up almost obsessing over the dream of getting a '94-'02 Dodge; I've always loved the bodystyle and especially the front end. However, for someone who has a family or may have one someday, there's too much to be said for the extra space you get in a crew-cab. I'm pretty sure there's a clause in the Geneva Convention about putting someone over 4'6" tall in the back of an extended-cab pickup LOL and, with a crew-cab, there's basically no way you're going to outgrow the truck unless you get to the point where you need a medium-duty truck. Couple that with the fact that I for one have been playing with '80-'97 Ford trucks for the last 13 years, and there you go :angel:

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My 93 is like that truck, but I have a dually rear to get rid of adaptors

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! I'd trade my '00 f350 cc 4x4 dually PSD straight up right now for that truck! The PSD is great and all but I'm an OBS IDI kind of guy!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my question would be ............ did he convert a SRW F350 4x4 to a dually ................ or did he convert a F350 dually to 4x4.

Either way, more pictures would have been nice, but it looks good in that one picture.LOL

Heath

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
I'm wanting to convert my dually. Wonder if anyone welded coil spring perches to a 60 then modified the radius arms to fit.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Quick google search says a container costs roughly 2-4 grand. But it can fit several vehicles I guess. There is an import tax that can range all the way up to 75% of the value of the vehicle. Some states require it be right hand drive, others are ok with left hand as long as everything is original (all the way down to the paint, all original I guess).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online