the ttb knuckle question...

cumminsf150

Reaction score
ive been digging around the internet for a while trying to find a definitive answer, have heard people say both ways " it will work , ive done it" and "that dosent work ive tried it"... what i want to do: i want a non driven steer axle, no diff, no axle shafts, just a piece of dom tube with dana 44 inner c's, with ttb knuckles if they will fit. the reason i want to do this is i want to lift the truck, i want a solid axle, i want a leaf sprung front end, so eventually if i find a set of 3/4 ton axles i can go 4wd. the reason i dont want to try to buy a normal lift kit is the whole extra 400 pounds on the front axle issue from the 6bt. I read a post from an inactive user on the site, saying all dana 44 parts will interchange, and that he has done it before. from what i can find comparing the ttb dana 44 to the 78-79 f150 44, is the lower ball joints are the same part number but the uppers are different, the only conclusion i can land on is the uppers on the ttb are different to allow for the alignment cams, so i wonder if the ttb knucle would accept the regular upper ball joint? any help would be great.