The truck we're not allowed to show you

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Stock Moose Truck,..SWEET,.

It seems I recall a member campaigning for a "Return to Stock" Moose Truck for the 10 year Anniversary Rally? :dunno Don't think that went anywhere tho ;Really

On Edit,..I just noticed this,

Moose Tuck stock 2012 :D

Thanks Ron!

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
That's right Rob, and if I recall I waxed your truck for you, or with you. I don't remember which. LOL

Since you mentioned you no longer have an IDI, I'm just curious what became of the bricknose I sold you?

The short version of the long story is, I had my quad for sale to fund the repairs the bricknose. Quad was stolen. Out of every item I own, the quad was the ONLY item not insured, stupid me did not get a policy on it and homeowners did not cover it. That, coupled with other financial hardships, prompted me to sell it to cut my losses. My friend who bought it is a first time diesel owner and LOVES it and plows with it.

I don't have the budget for play trucks right now. I'm steadily climbing out of debt but have a ways to go. My current X does all my truck duties for now. And it is amazing how much has gotten done around home since I quit spending all my time and money camping. We hope to get back into it in the future. And I would like to get another pickups but i'm leaning towards a 70's ford for chores and play, someday.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
What kind of sh*tty Irish luck do I have joining this site the DAY AFTER the rally? And in the state NEXT to me? :***:

I can't wait for Michigan. I must see this truck! You should do an advertisement for the next rally as a video, all blacked out, with just the mystery truck growling.

I'd also be up for Maine/New England especially since I am secretly married to Jason Varitek.

This puking avatar cracks me up :puke::puke::puke::puke:

The good news is that you are here now, and for the future.
Mel also calls some "restaurant meetings" from time to time. Perhaps you can make one of those.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I doubt that there is a picture of a truly stock Moose truck. How soon did the swing out step modification get installed? I'm guessing pretty early in its life as a dating vehicle.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually Michael, that picture is the ONE and ONLY picture of the Moose Truck as built by Ford. I had just driven it home on the day I purchased it, and took this picture. Right afterwards, I got a philips screwdriver and took the front grill off to paint it black. I used a can of Rustoleum, and that paint has been on it ever since. The next pic I took (wherever that is) would show the same truck with a black grill.

88IDImattman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from all the hype sounds like the truck in mention was somthing to see for sure also sounds like a front bumper a friend was wanting to build for my truck ...looks like me n the lil woman will have to try an make it to an event im all about getting some kool ideas an checking out some rigs........

Last edited: