The Texas Fall IDI Meet

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys let me hit ya'll with some dates,

-Weekend of Columbus Day (October 8th and 9th)
-Weekend of Veterans Day AKA weekend after the election (November 12th and 13th)

Those two weekends might be easier for us working folk to get away since they are around federal holidays and some may have some time off then, just some suggestions. If anyone has a date they know would work well for themselves feel free to volunteer it, I would like to get as many IDIs together as possible ;Sweet

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

PICK ONE long weekend & ANNOUNCE the dates is my sincere advice. - ONE reason that the previous get-together failed was discussing WHEN it would be.
(Whatever you pick, I'm IN & hopefully will be driving my "new to me" diesel truck.)

Note: I purchased a little 1995 Mercedes C220 4DR sedan (with low mileage) this PM, so I'll not be afoot anymore, as soon as I can get it licensed/insured tomorrow PM. - After that, I can get serious about finding another PU.

yours, satx

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it turns out, I will be in Canyon Lake on the 12th and 13th of November visiting my inlaws. I vote for November 12th and 13th.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As it turns out, I will be in Canyon Lake on the 12th and 13th of November visiting my inlaws. I vote for November 12th and 13th.

That's convienent, I think I'll give it a good 24 hours for everyone to see the post and add input if they feel necessary, I'm personally leaning towards the November weekend.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

PICK ONE long weekend & ANNOUNCE the dates is my sincere advice. - ONE reason that the previous get-together failed was discussing WHEN it would be.
(Whatever you pick, I'm IN & hopefully will be driving my "new to me" diesel truck.)

Note: I purchased a little 1995 Mercedes C220 4DR sedan (with low mileage) this PM, so I'll not be afoot anymore, as soon as I can get it licensed/insured tomorrow PM. - After that, I can get serious about finding another PU.

yours, satx

Glad your'e back on wheels again, I'll make the decision if need be but I like to get atleast some input first

theSHERPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oct 8/9 is second weekend of ACL. I guess I vote Nov.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nov is ok with me too as long as it doesn't get too cold.
Hamilton is at the 1300' mark, so icy roads and the possibility of snow does happen.

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewespaul,

My friend John Loefferholtz, a Dodge Cummins fan from here in SA, is IN & bringing his 1st generation Plus-cab Dodge.

yours, satx

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like November it is! I will talk to some friends and find out dyno day info and prices!

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
towcat; All,

November in South Texas is hardly ever cold. - In fact, it may still be HOT in the daytime & "comfortable short sleeve weather" by 2000 hours OR possibly raining like H.
(This IS Texas after all.)

yours, satx

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah you never really know with Texas... So I've been real busy talking to shop managers and local tuners trying to get the best price for us for our dyno day, most are still getting back to me but so far it looks promising:

Murillo Motorsports http://www.murillomotorsports.com/services
-$75 per person with 3 pulls

Nelson Performance http://www.nelsonperformance.com/dyno-info
-still getting back to me on group pricing but their individual prices are $75 for 3-5 pulls

Lone Star Dyno http://lonestardyno.com/pricing.html
-haven't answered their phone but they have a small group pricing of $65 for 3 runs and additional $5 for each additional run

Truck Source Diesel https://www.trucksourcediesel.com/
-Waiting for the owner to get back from lunch and call me back (they have the most experience with running diesels and with dyno days)

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, how many guys are interested in running on a dyno? Prices seem in the ballpark of $50-70 for five runs. Just would like to have a rough number of trucks so I can gauge interest and plan accordingly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online