The Official 2014 IDI Weekend truck rally

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I'm new to this site and have never been to the rally before but sure hoping to make the 1800 mile drive out there this year. In the middle of an engine rebuild right now if I can get my truck back on the road in time I would sure like to make the trip it sounds like a lot of fun.

1800 miles is quite a hike. I can assure you that you will be rewarded with a week to remember. Hope to see you there.

Richard K

Reaction score
My engine is ready for pickup at the machine shop tomorrow, planning to get in touch with Mel for a moose pump and injectors soon. I'm leaning towards a banks sidewinder turbo and I can't think of a better way to break it in than a trip to the rally.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I'm not going to commit to the trip just yet, but I would like to meet some of the eastern members and 2014 might be a good year for me to travel 2,800 miles. Only a 40 hour drive...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Well we are out. Doing the math and vacation time available, we cannot make the trip east next year. Rising costs have taken my shop funds from supporting my diesel habit and have now been shuffled into being used to support our monthly income even after trimming out some comfort expenses and getting back to the needs and not so much of the wants.
Plus with the cummins swap taking place this winter, I'll no longer have an idi under the hood therefore being added to the list of outcasts. :)
We will miss the gang for sure and will just camp closer to home next year.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well we are out. Doing the math and vacation time available, we cannot make the trip east next year. Rising costs have taken my shop funds from supporting my diesel habit and have now been shuffled into being used to support our monthly income even after trimming out some comfort expenses and getting back to the needs and not so much of the wants.
Plus with the cummins swap taking place this winter, I'll no longer have an idi under the hood therefore being added to the list of outcasts. :)
We will miss the gang for sure and will just camp closer to home next year.

BOOOOOOOOOoooooo HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssss!

Sounds like hyperbole to me. I can't believe the whole Michigan contingent is going to whimp out 6 months in advance. That's not even trying. That's just deciding not to go. :(

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know money is tight. But posting that your not going so far out, doesn't really help the rally organizer draw the necessary positive attention to make the event a success. Sorry if you guys think I'm busting your chops, but having hosted I know these kinds of buzz kills don't help any.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I'm not going to commit to the trip just yet, but I would like to meet some of the eastern members and 2014 might be a good year for me to travel 2,800 miles. Only a 40 hour drive...

That would be one heck of a drive.:eek::hail I know Towcat was put through the wringer going to Ron's rally in Michigan but I am very grateful to have met him and have his friendship as a result. I wound up scrapping a truck that I really didn't want to let go of to make Ron's rally but in the end I can't put a price on the experience I had. That was the first time I had ever seen a dyno in person and I wound up with my truck in a national magazine as the highest hp IDI, a crapped out retired logging crummy from Oregon:rotflmao, priceless.

Even better than that, I got to know some of our members better and now have people across the US that I call friends, my kids call their kids friends, it really makes the effort to attend a rally worth the rewards you get from it.

Myself and other members have attended rallys without our rigs, it's not quite the same but still a great time. Don't rule out a plane ticket and rental car if that's what it takes to make it. Best of luck, it would be epic to have a coast to coast gathering.:thumbsup:

Evan Adams

Diesel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man id love to be able to make it. I really missed out last year as it was literaly 20 minutes from my house and 2 miles from my moms work.

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
My wife saw me reading this thread and asked what will probably be the deciding factor for us...are there any plans for activities for those who
smolkin's better half said:
"will freakin' scream if I have to hear about trucks for a week"

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
My wife saw me reading this thread and asked what will probably be the deciding factor for us...are there any plans for activities for those who

There is plenty of activity that revolves around our trucks, after all we are quite passionate about them. I would say about 65% of the activities are family based. Children's museums, zoo visits, dining, amusement parks, a woman's day out, these kind of things are on the list of things to do so it is absolutely not a 100% truck based event. The show and shine is about the trucks and the drag strip day that I am anticipating will revolve around our rigs as well.

She will quickly become friends with other wives and girlfriends who will show compassion towards her for putting up with a man who thinks its perfectly ok to talk about diesel trucks 24/7.

bad67ford

Reaction score
Ill be there goose it sounds like a great time and I can't wait to meet some of the other members!!!!

hotshotidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I camp in my sleeper cab if so I can bring a generator ????
If I can globe there all week I will sign up next month