The Night Moose LIVES!!!!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool!;Sweet:love:

I (like Travis) cannot wait to see it in action in July!:thumbsup:

Great to see you and Mel getting to do such a fun (yes...I said fun) project together.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Ever since he was born, I've dreamed of a day when we could do something like this together. Soon he will be off to college, and this phase of life will have past. A very short window let me tell you. Glad we are able to take advantage of it. Believe me. He built the truck. I just helped. I guided him, but ultimately all the decisions were his. Looking forward to the chance to do it with Graham next. As their father, I think it is important to stress the need for self sufficiency, and to be technically with it. I think now Matthias truely appreciates the reason it is necessary to build your own wheels. There will be nothing on this truck he doesn't understand, and has learned a wealth of skills in doing this.

P.S. Sean, for whatever it's worth I didn't picture me a bald guy either. LOL I've decided all the smart people cook the hair off the tops of their heads. You know. The grass doesn't grow where the sun burns brightest. ;)

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Haha, true that Mel. My dads bald too, and he's the smartest man I know, with yourself and a few of you other guys in close second third etc. My dad always has a comeback that goes something like, my heads only bald because my brain didnt leave any room for hair to grow. lol

Hey Mattias, do you have any interest in ever making it 4wd? I thought I remembered your dad saying something about possibly putting an old D44 solid axle under it some day.

BTW Mel Im still getting hell from my dad for my moose pump. lol He says he's not going to be the one paying to refill the tanks on every trip into town. lol

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. Ever since he was born, I've dreamed of a day when we could do something like this together. Soon he will be off to college, and this phase of life will have past. A very short window let me tell you. Glad we are able to take advantage of it. Believe me. He built the truck. I just helped. I guided him, but ultimately all the decisions were his. Looking forward to the chance to do it with Graham next. As their father, I think it is important to stress the need for self sufficiency, and to be technically with it. I think now Matthias truely appreciates the reason it is necessary to build your own wheels. There will be nothing on this truck he doesn't understand, and has learned a wealth of skills in doing this.

P.S. Sean, for whatever it's worth I didn't picture me a bald guy either. LOL I've decided all the smart people cook the hair off the tops of their heads. You know. The grass doesn't grow where the sun burns brightest. ;)
Mel-
your son is lucky to have done this with your involvement.;Sweet
I rebuilt my first car back in HS by myself. Couldn't take it home either, so it was stored in the back parking lot at the HS. Needless to say, there wasn't a weekend that it didn't get some form of vandalism done to it. But it got done by graduation. Felt pretty good being able to drive it to my ceremonies. Unfortunately, I total it my first week in college hitting a red light runner. Spent the next four years in putting it back together once again.cookoo You're right in one part, knowing every nut and bolt on you ride is priceless.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
nice job. i like the red engine. i thought of doing that with mine when i swap it in. looks like you beat me to it.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Congrats Matthias ,As far as being "finished"... they never are. You have good mentor to learn from.

deezlwex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matthias, congrats on getting it running finally. Your dad and I get together for lunch regularly, so he has been giving me updates.

Good luck with our wonderful Commonwealth in getting that thing registered and street legal. Looking forward to seeing it in person at a future gathering.

Scott

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
let me know how the paper work side of it goes, i was actually just going to let that slide on my jeep if i ever get to it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should be great, They were from an 88 f250 diesel. I have the AC bracket and a battery tray if you need it PM me. Man i could have brought it with me to PA....:backoff

PM Sent.

Darrin, if he has what I need we should be OK. I'll let you know.

As for gears, I'm not sure what the rear is really, but I'm betting something in the 3.5x range.