The New NMB2 build is alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
icanfixall
I'll send you a couple feet of plastic conduit. I've got Red, Blue and Black, no Tan/Brown but Black would look nice, 3/4" would cover it all.

bobbywalter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys that will drive with nothing telling you mph or fuel used have a bigger pair than I do.. I give you props for taking a chance. For me its not going to happen. I have 6 extra gauges telling me way more than any sane person needs to know. I'm watching everything but differantial temps and water pressure. I will have a water pressure system some day. I have a 1/2 inch port in the top of my radiator tank. If I loose pressure or coolant level it will alarm me long before I loose all the coolant.. Been there and paid for it. Don't want to visit there ever again... I want to run my new build too but only if I can moniter whats going on. I try to protect what I have done to the extreme... See below pic...

i have extra fuel. with the small block i would stop every 170 or so miles...with the 6.5 i stopped about every 500 miles....easy to do with the interstates.

but what is funny is i had t case temp, tranny in and out, and rear diff temp when i had the gasser and old axles installed along with oil temp and water temp. but i had the temps all electric on a rotary knob.

air compressor setup was gauged for the arb as well.

i dont miss all of the gauges, but i do miss the compressor and welder.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I just talked with NMB2, his gauge is hooked up but he thinks he got a faulty stat cause it doesnt warm up , blocked the rad and it made some heat.

Ididriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I just talked with NMB2, his gauge is hooked up but he thinks he got a faulty stat cause it doesnt warm up , blocked the rad and it made some heat.

Isn't that just murphys law... Puts all that work into the engine just to have to tear back in to replace a faulty t stat...

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The split manifold is Racinndrumin's he and NMB2 both made significant changes to there manifolds for intercooling plumbing, Verry nice work on both intakes, just another thing they did to increase air flow into the engine, and thay installed water/**** bungs at the same time.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both of their manifolds are awesome. I'm jealous of their fab skills.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If we ran a non turbo engine all you need is a plate bolted over the intakes at the heads to hold the valley pan in place. We don't require an intake manifold. Just need some way for the engine to suck in air. The diesel is injected internally. Just air runs thru the intake unrestricted too. I wish I had a shop and a tig machine. What I could build would be awsum... Or at least I think so. When someone engineers an intake for these engines I really want to look closely and ask questions. Those guys are probably as proud of their work as a puppy with two peters.:eek::angel::thumbsup::hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's pretty novel. Looks like it's easy to make if you can weld alluminum. Just take the stock intake, and slice it up, but some plate over the holes, and weld in some new elbows. Perfect for a dual turbo setup, which if I ever get that ambitious is how I would do it.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That's pretty novel. Looks like it's easy to make if you can weld alluminum. Just take the stock intake, and slice it up, but some plate over the holes, and weld in some new elbows. Perfect for a dual turbo setup, which if I ever get that ambitious is how I would do it.

That's what got me thinking about the engine from that damn truck.;Really

My only concern is with separate intakes, what will balance the charge air pressure with twins. Gotta fab some type of equalizer tube?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
After rewatching his video....it seems like he's been doing all that driving around without an air filter. :dunno:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So are those hard line a fabricated set... If so they will need some type of vibration dampner on them simalar to what we use. Or the lines will break. I found this out the hard way about 20 miles from home. Wraped a rag around the injector number 2 and drove to the dealership. They replaced the line at a cost of almost $400.00 around 14 years ago...:eek:-cuss:mad: No dealer has ever seen or worked on my truck since. That dealer was shut down by ford motor company because of shadey dealings selling new cars to people that couldn't get financing. So they offered their own but at a rate that no senceable person would take. So the cars are taken back and the down payment is kept. Now that building is a field and I laugh at it when I drive by..:rotflmao

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what got me thinking about the engine from that damn truck.;Really

My only concern is with separate intakes, what will balance the charge air pressure with twins. Gotta fab some type of equalizer tube?

He's not doing twins. He's doing a single S362 that will go through a single pipe into the intercooler and then will split into a Y pipe into the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online