The flight of the "Nostromo"........

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealousy mounts, safe traveling and good fun!

gandalf

Reaction score
Good morning from the T/A truckstop in Sparks, NV

Sparks? Do you think you can make it to Michigan in time for the rally? :rolleyes:

You'll have a higher speed limit now for a while. I feel pretty sure your truck can hit that higher limit. Hope your A/C works well.

Be sure to stop and rest when you feel the need. Next stop should be a rest area about 70 miles east of Sparks. You'll find some nice pit toilets there--not too bad. What you won't find there is water or shade.:eek:

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
greetings from Wendover NV/UT where more than half of the city's power is consumed on the NV side powering all that neon.
Thinking about stopping in SLC tonite. maybe further east if there are decent truckstops. I got a request for a pic of Bonneville speedway. it's going to be done in the dark, so we'll see how it looks.
my photo posting here is still screwed, so I will post some pics of the journey on FB.
oh btw.....showing up monday or tuesday is not happening, but as long as I show up for the party on 7/4, that's the one that matters to me.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get -er-done cal. Looking forward to meeting you.
me too! after talking via email all these years, looking forward to seeing you in person!

I'm checking in just outside of North Platte, NB

it was a challenging day for the truck. first time I have seen the pyro crack 1000* with the IC, the water temps was uncomfortably high and the truck smoked like a Cummins when accelerating. It definitely doesn't like the UT and WY elevations.
more later.

gandalf

Reaction score
That's good. I was beginning to wonder where you were, getting worried. Now you can start enjoying the rally;Sweet, now that the first half of the trip is over.

Keep us all posted on rally events and socializing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online