The AMSOIL mobile!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as I have been playing maintenance catch up on this PSD of mine, I figured since I plan on owning this truck until it is consumed by the earth I may as well dump some extra $ into it. After all a reliable and rock solid DD that also hauls and pulls anything I can put in it or hook to it makes for more room to invest in my IDI toy!

To that end, my buddy has recently became an AMSOIL dealer so I get that stuff on the cheap. (Sorry Al, I would order from you but you are not 5 mins way man) and as a result, the front diff, rear diff, transmission and transfer case are all running the heavy duty extreme heat/workload synthetic AMSOIL appropriate to the component.

Today we did the transmission flush and filter and the transfer case as well. I have read lots of reviews about this product and I have yet to find a bad one. Just figured I would post about someone using this product heavily and I will be updating this thread as the Km's roll by with how things are working in case anyone has any doubts about using this stuff.

As a reference, my IDI rear diff with a detroit locker has been running it with the additive and since then it no longer sounds like the rear axle is trying to leave the truck when the locker disengages, and of course the locker works flawlessly. I have two evenly bald rear tires to show for that! :)

More updates to come later on down the road!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Always wanted to try it but the Price is way to high for me maybe one day Tho

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the trac lock in the rear diff works again. I have not really noticed any change in milage, but I do feel gear shifting a lot more and there seems to be a shorter delay waiting for reverse to kick in. Also, the transmission doesn't seem as lethargic when cold.

I'll be installing some gauges soon so I will be able to report transmission temperatures and so on. So far, I don't regret it, and I think the real value will be say 100,000Km down the road when I change the fluid and it still looks great and the transmission lives on without issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online