The 6th Annual Fall Rally is Offically ON!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Back by Popular Demand, the 6th Annual East Lake Camping Oilburners Fall Get Together! (AKA Big Ed didn't make it to the Rally, Rally)

Where: Eastlake Campgrounds, Hopkins MI. http://www.eastlakecamping.com/

When: September, 21, 22, 23.

Who: Whoever wants to attend.

Why: Because it is Buy one Night, get one night Free Camping! cant beat that!

This is an event that Lori and I have been putting this on every year just an excuse to have a laid back camping weekend with friends. No events are planned but we usually end up blowing something up and giving us something to fix!

The campground is having their annual Chili Cook off this weekend and we are welcome to enter your best Chili Recipe. (Go Jessica!)

I have 8 campsites reserved: Sites 96 to 99, and 106 to 109, and will need to know as soon as possible who will be attending.

There is also one cabin and one Camping Trailer that I have reserved and will be available to rent. UPDATE,.The cabin is reserved,
UPDATE The camper Trailer is now RESERVED,. so there are no camper or cabin rentals available.

HOWEVER, If the you need a Camper to use for this weekend, Here are a few local Craigslist Ads for camper rentals. If you would like to use one of these and they require a local connection I would be glad to help out with that.
CAMPER RENTALS:
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/3126908409.html
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/3116469740.html
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/3137211205.html
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/3131809590.html
http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/rvs/3110319718.html

When you call in please let them know that you are with Darrin Tosh and the Diesel Truck Get Together.

Here is the number, Cathy and Greg are the owners. Andrea works there as well.

269-793-7177
3091 Weicks Drive
Hopkins, MI 49328

If you have any questions or suggestions please let me know! and also let me know asap who is able to attend.

From all of the talk from the IDI Rally this year we could have a real good turnout, Last year we had about 8 familys for the weekend.

There is also a rumor that there will be an IDI Transaction take place and we will watch a new IDI Owner take possession of his new truck.

Hope to see ya there!

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:

Darrin Tosh: Darrin Tosh Site 96
Chris: Diesel4me2 Site 97
Ron: Dsl Dog Catcher Site 98
Dr Frank and Marsha. Ron's Parents:99
TJL, Tim Luby 100
93CC7.3: Seth Site 101
Smokinpipes: Don, Grantham Site 102
Matrix37495: Chris Site 103
Russ: Gary Russel 104
Double-S-Diesel: Nick and Tina. 109
Travis: Argve (Cabin)
Subway/Jred: Jared (He lost 500 pounds!) Camper rental lot #66
LadyDieselShine: Lori, Camper Rental lot #55

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That really sounds like fun! I prefer fall camping anyway. Who knows, I wanted to go to this first rally but got sidelined by a bunch of expenditures and way too many (read: well over the normal amount of) vehicles needing major work at any one time in the year. Well, if anything it give me a goal to shoot for when the work piles up...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Gotta figure out the schedule and will go from there.

on edit - Well, just checked the visitation schedule...Beth is with hex that weekend...she would dis-own me as a father if i came without her! lol Kind of doubt we make it this year.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
That really sounds like fun! I prefer fall camping anyway. Who knows, I wanted to go to this first rally but got sidelined by a bunch of expenditures and way too many (read: well over the normal amount of) vehicles needing major work at any one time in the year. Well, if anything it give me a goal to shoot for when the work piles up...

purg113

I think the wife and I will be trying to come to this one.
as soon as I tell her.

93cc7.3

Checking the schedule now

That would be great if you guys can make it, Just keep me updated as soon as you know something.

Chris, Ron and Travis, Gotchya down!

Travis are you renting cabin or tenting it?

GOOSE

Stop teasing me with this

Make me,....

:sly

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
ok that should work as long as i can take two vac days. will know tomorrow.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Tent. This is a weekend that neither one of us have the kids so we will both have to check with hexes to see if we can swap weekends.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I think this may be a little bit far for us for a weekend. Hope you all have a good time.
John

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
You know what... I didn't make it to the last rally. This one is on a weekend near the end of september... I'm going to find a way to be there. :)

Count me in for one of the tent sites....I doubt my camper will be ready to go.

EDIT: I'll have to call them later to make the reservations...gotta get going to work now.

Last edited:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
You know what... I didn't make it to the last rally. This one is on a weekend near the end of september... I'm going to find a way to be there. :)

Count me in for one of the tent sites....I doubt my camper will be ready to go.

EDIT: I'll have to call them later to make the reservations...gotta get going to work now.

Great to hear you are trying to make it!;Sweet Let me know when you get your site reserved.

argve

Tent. This is a weekend that neither one of us have the kids so we will both have to check with hexes to see if we can swap weekends.

Good luck with the Hexes!

FYI I got a text from Travis today saying they reserved a cabin, instead of a tent site, so that leaves the Camper Rental open at this time.

160k87F250

I think this may be a little bit far for us for a weekend. Hope you all have a good time.
John

Yea I hear ya, We wish you could make it, Should be a good time as usual... Hows the leg,..?

89blue7.3

ok that should work as long as i can take two vac days. will know tomorrow.

Hope you get it off, but if not, my recommendation is just to quit your job!

(not a lot of people take my advise,...:dunno)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online