Thankful

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yesterday me and the girlfriend stopped at the store to get some food because i was gonna cook us dinner that night, well we went in bought our stuff come back out hopped in the truck and went to back up it wouldnt move felt like the front end was out from under it and it killed the engine, so i got out and looked and the tie rod end broke(i think thats what its called) right there one tire was going one direction and one going the other direction:eek:a:eek: I am so glad that it happened in the parking lot and not going down the road if it had happened going down the road we might not have been here today

FordGuy100

Reaction score
That is crazy lucky it happened like that. Just think if you had bees going down the road at 60mph....you two would have been in big trouble.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
That is crazy lucky it happened like that. Just think if you had bees going down the road at 60mph....you two would have been in big trouble.

Yes i know, or if we had been driving across the mountain, we would have run off the side of the mountain

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah man, there have been those times when it seems the good Lord is looking out for me, similar stuff to what you dealt with here. We're all thankful you guys aren't hurt. And a bonus, since no one, nor the truck is hurt, the tie rod ends aren't too bad of a fix. Not too expensive, just do them all. I may have a draglink you can have cheap if you need it.. It's just sitting in the backseat doing me no good.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Yes your lucky -God was on your side - now we won't have to "miss you",which we all would. Looks like the "Lord either had plans for you -or he didn't want to ruin heaven".

burtcheca

farmer/cabinetmaker
Reaction score
I'm very happy to see not only God's hands protecting you but your reaction: the title of this thread.

We are all thankful to our Gracious Lord for His mercy.

Burt.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Yes your lucky -God was on your side - now we won't have to "miss you",which we all would. Looks like the "Lord either had plans for you -or he didn't want to ruin heaven".

Everyone on this website always puts a smile on my face:D;Sweet thank you guys

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
glad it broke parked and there not to expensive to replace. guess God has plans for you and the truck :D

Chevyboy_0

Mr.SunnyDisposition
Reaction score
This same exact thing happened to me in my Chevelle. Luckily I was in the parking lot at the bank. but had just got off the freeway about 5 minutes earlier.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
The good lord has been good to me, im really glad that he is, cause god only knows what could have happened if it was one of them times i was doing over 100 mph or going across the mountain with my girlfriend, i dont care as much about me getting hurt but she means more to me than anything else i couldnt stand it if i caused her any hurt

94turboidi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first truck I bought from my dad a 89 f150 and I used to drive it back and forth on the back of our land before I was old enough to drive. Well both tie rod ends literally fell off one right after another. They popped out right at the ball and when the first one went out I popped it back on and was able to get back to the house and then right about when I got back at the house the second one popped out. I don't know if he had loose steering before hand but in my experience I get right on these things when I detect any movement at that socket. I can only imagine what would happen going down the road if one of these went. When I had my truck lifted they sold me a drop pitman arm w/ the incorrect tapered hole and it didn't fit the tie rod end good enough. I was pulling back in our driveway and it sheared right off from the movement it was getting back and forth. Alot like your situation I have been lucky 2 different times. I put all new tie rod ends and ball joints on the front of my axle this year because I don't like to mess around w/ life or death parts. Glad you and your gf are okay!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang David. That could have been really bad driving down the road. Think something happened with the tire popped off in the snow storm last week?

Heath