th 400?

yotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
neighbor has an early 80's banks 1500 short bed truck (yeah, banks every thing) with a th400 and a gear vendors unit. it has no reverse. he was told it was the GV unit not doing the reverse thing.

?#1 is this possible?
?#2 does a th400 gasser just bolt up (i know about the driveline stuff related to GV)

he is kinda out of money and i am helping him out. his second vehicle just died and i like the banks truck. any opinions?

mike

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
neighbor has an early 80's banks 1500 short bed truck (yeah, banks every thing) with a th400 and a gear vendors unit. it has no reverse. he was told it was the GV unit not doing the reverse thing.

?#1 is this possible?
?#2 does a th400 gasser just bolt up (i know about the driveline stuff related to GV)

he is kinda out of money and i am helping him out. his second vehicle just died and i like the banks truck. any opinions?

mike
#1) possible. I've busted the mainshaft on a GV before. so yes, it's possible.
#2) chev bolt patern THM400's will bolt up gas or diesel. the torque convertors are different. if it's a diesel, you need a diesel torque convertor. pull the pan, if it's full of shrapnel, don't reuse the torque convertor go get a rebuild one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online