Tank pickup tubes...

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I also had one that the metal line had actually broken. Had a hairline crack I suppose from vibration and was much higher up than the rubber/plastic foot. It would run down to about 3/4 tank and then suck air. I replaced it with a new unit I found on Ebay and all is well. Still get a little shakey when the tank gets down to about 1/4 though! :)

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My experience was like Eric's, the plastic the foot is made of doesn't seem to be able to stand up to diesel over the long haul. I switched toa length of hose on my front tank, and I'm soon going to install a new sender in teh back tank, I figure it will last at least for a few years and then I'll just replace the foot with some fuel hose. With teh length issue though, I had issues getting teh locking ring to seal because I left the hose too long, but I didn''t curve the hose back like towcat did. Once it's sealed I doubt it matters if the hose moves a bit, if it is long enough it will still reach teh bottom. What you do have to do is fishmouth the opening of that rubber hose or it will stick to teh bottom of the tank, or so I have been told, it may not be so...