Tailpipe question

1994IDI

Reaction score
I'm switching back to a tailpipe exhaust. A guy has a 4" tailpipe of a cummins diesel. Can anyone tell me if this will fit the truck in my sig? Thanks in advance.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a 3.5" exhaust off a dodge cummins truck on a friends truck, it was a 92 ford f250 and he was just looking for a cheap exhaust to fix his old crappy one, another friend had just put a 5" exhaust on his dodge so he was going to throw the stock exhaust away. I am thinking I tried to mount it just like it was on the dodge and the tailpipe was going to come right out where the leaf spring was, so I added a short section of pipe after the axle and everything worked out. IT should be no trouble if you have a welder, it might not even be a problem for you, this was a few years ago, and there might have been some other reason it was going to interfere with the spring, he had a body lift and he wanted the exhaust up high close to the body like it would have been without a body lift.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
I have no idea about the dodge tail pipe but you can get a 4" tail pipe at napa, its made to fit these trucks. I think its about 50-60 bucks.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My friend put a dodge one on his 89, 4 inch fits almost perfect, had to remount the hangars of course.
The NAPA tailpipe has gone up to about 80 bucks wholesale and it is always backordered.

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the Walker tailpipe, I don't really like that one anyway. Got it for my truck, but I don't like they way they made it come out. Too close to the tire and the hanger is super long, plus it needs a tip on the end to even reach the side of the bed.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that's the Walker tailpipe, I don't really like that one anyway. Got it for my truck, but I don't like they way they made it come out. Too close to the tire and the hanger is super long, plus it needs a tip on the end to even reach the side of the bed.

Yep. That would be the one I have.