tack is iffy

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first gotta say I'm sorry for only signing when I have a problem recently, I've been so busy in my final year of school getting my ME Degree :puke: I haven't been able to lurk on the site much.

Anywho, got a simple question I think. Truck tack started acting up the other day, once and a while it will stop working and the OverDrive off light will flash while its not working. (I have a 5 speed now but the lever is still there).

Would this be that sensor on the timing case going bad?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you make it up towards Deltona I have 3 or 4 spare tach sensors that we can pop in and test.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Getting an education grants you a "no apology necessary" pass as far a I'm concerned. Good luck finishing up your schooling. Definitly lean on the tach sensor in your case.

rckslash2010

Reaction score
I found one at the junk yard that looked to be in good shape. $10 is what he charged, I brought it home and plugged her in. Works a heck of a lot better then the old one.

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give it a shot, think I cleaned it once a long time ago when the E4OD was in the truck and I was trying to solve shifting probs (by the way the zf fixed those very well).

Are they expensive new or something? Gonecrazy, thanks, not sure if I'll be up that way soon but if I am I'll take you up on that.

-Rob

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online