symptoms of bad inj nozzles?

aikejon

C. Claven Scholar
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the symptoms that indicate it's time to replace my injector nozzles? It's cheaper to replace than rebuild (where I live anyway).

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Usually you'll have a rough idle and excess smoke. If running a couple cans of diesel purge through doesn't take care of it, it's usually rebuild time. You can get new nozles from www.thepartsbin.com or the Bosio nozzles that alot of people are raving about from http://www.kermatdi.com/
You may get away with just replacing them, but you really do need to have the pop pressure set. you can usually find injector testers on ebay fairly reasonable.

-----------Robert

aikejon

C. Claven Scholar
Reaction score
thanks!!

since I posted last, they were checked out. the concensus was that my timing belt is a little stretched... and I was due in the next two months anyway.

having said that, I have a little maintenance that I want to do, which will include some diesel purge and an intake manifold cleaning. my local vw club had a tdi intake manny cleaning get together recently and I missed it. Now I'll be doing it myself I guess...(&^%!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online