Switch panel location.

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mel's right, but one thing to keep in mind is that they were made specifically for the Ford regular cab. It may or may not be possible to buy two of these and cut to adapt to a crew-cab or an extended-cab; IIRC it's been discussed but AFAIK no one's actually tried it, and unless something's changed recently, it's only offered for the regular-cab trucks...

If it fits a regular cab, why wouldn't it fit larger? They're the same width aren't they?

Dang it Mel!!

I can only hide stuff under the hood from the wife... how the heck do you expect me to save moosemunnie when rad stuff like this is shown off? I just can't be one gadget upped!!

I've been thinking of glassing one of those too. Now I don't have to waste the time!

Sheeeesh!

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're a complete headliner.
What he said. Width-wise, it would fit fine, but it won't fit length-wise...I'm not sure you could even properly get it to interface with the back part of a SC/CC headliner, since IIRC the back of it slopes down to match the rear of the regular cab.

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run all of my switches in a whelen heavy duty switch box. they are horribly pricey new, but used they make for the best box out there. Fused, water proof, lighted, and have a common ground lug. I like mine.

You must be registered for see images attach

(dont mind the trailer brake controller wiring in the picture, thats on my list to fix)

Last edited:

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok mine are in the change storage pocket by the wts light on 88 bs, i got one on the pass kick pannel for the power inverter and the plug under pass seat, horn button is under the collum so i dont use it all the time, eventually i will add a pannel under the dash too by the first set of switches. oh and there is going to be a switch in the toolbox for the air comprressor

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What he said. Width-wise, it would fit fine, but it won't fit length-wise...I'm not sure you could even properly get it to interface with the back part of a SC/CC headliner, since IIRC the back of it slopes down to match the rear of the regular cab.

Well you two, that's just suckie!

Interesting the box just doesn't fit on top of the headliner. It's not like the roof stiffeners aren't already known locations to **** in a few color matched sheet metal screws..... of course there's always that one guy who has to use his salvaged 3" sheet metal screws left over from whatever, making the topside look like a radio receiver for the city.

Nice box M. Mudder. We have similar in the marine industry.

Look at these, with smaller switches too, all semi-pre-wired: http://bluesea.com/category/105/27/productline/118

Of course, that's just one of many.... coffee and soda proof too!

Midwest_Mudder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i need to find new legends for the face of mine. currently i have strobes in the headlights (soon to be in each corner marker for intersection warning and tail lights for rear warning) red/blues in the grill, headlight wig wags (strobes are really bright and disorienting) then ill have the bar on top and will have the full bar switch, then the halogens only on a switch, and then take downs on a switch. thats just for fire/rescue. i respond direct to calls, and many are at night, in the country where people fly around and wouldnt pay attention to your hazards. its all for the safety of me and anyone im near. i also have a siren for responding direct

then i need to add some hidden reverse lights and a set of fog/driving lights on the front. i like lights and everything has to be hidden. haha