Switch panel location.

robmoore11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering what you guys have for switch panels in your trucks or ideas, I have my tc lockup but I am planning on putting some lights on my new headache rack and bumper lights and such.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I am making a new panel for gauges and switches to mount on my dash, but for now I just put them into the trim panel under the column

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going to be incorporating a few switches (IP/GP/Start) into my center console, will be inside the large opening, near the top, so they arent hit on accident, slightly hidden, and dont clutter or make the dash look bad

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of mixed right now. I added lights on my bumper that point out sideways (mostly used when working on someones vehicle on the side of the road or something) and those are controlled by a foot switch. The switch for my pyro is one of them super tiny toggle switches that is mounted just to the left of the OD off switch. I also added a second switch for the HID's i havent mounted yet. I'm a big fan of small switches that just control relays.

You must be registered for see images attach

bghnkinf350

Reaction score
Got tired of drilling holes in the dash. I bought a circuit box I think it is called from radio shack. It is plastic with a screw on aluminum face. Bolted it below the dash and mounted the switches in it.

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
My plan is to add them to the expoder overhead console, when I get that installed. It'll be a pain, but I think worth it.

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan is to add them to the expoder overhead console, when I get that installed. It'll be a pain, but I think worth it.

That sounds like a good idea. I never thought of putting them there before. I had thought of mounting some kind of switch box to the overhead trim, but that would not be nessisary with the overhead console.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My signature has pictures of where I put my switches. I added some more recently but haven't taken pictures:

2 toggles and 2 heavy duty anti-vandal pushbuttons where the fuel tank selector normally goes. 2 toggles with cover, 1 for reverse lights (with LED that blinks bright red), and one for foglights with a red LED. Pushbuttons are for starter and glowplugs, each has a red LED that comes on with activation. Soon to be upgrading the glow plug setup further. Most people rarely use this switch so why leave it taking up all that space when it can hide under the column area?

Second sweet spot is the check engine / WIF lights. I took that out and made a piece of metal in the same shape, welded two washers on and bolted it in with another toggle for radio, so on.
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=1234

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, those were made specifically for our Ford cabs.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, those were made specifically for our Ford cabs.
Mel's right, but one thing to keep in mind is that they were made specifically for the Ford regular cab. It may or may not be possible to buy two of these and cut to adapt to a crew-cab or an extended-cab; IIRC it's been discussed but AFAIK no one's actually tried it, and unless something's changed recently, it's only offered for the regular-cab trucks...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin