Super Fridgid Temps = Ign Key Tough to Turn!

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best lube for.................. well............ everything that gets sprayed! LOL

https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/0608306

I use it on my ignition, hinges, and latches every oil change.
That stuff is literally slicker'n snot. LOL
Been using that for years on everything, my favorite lube...well almost everything, lol.
Tri Flow works great (except on firearms when it’s below 20*) and has Teflon still.

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Little pot metal piece is drilled and tapped with a 10-32 holding the two pieces together. Decided the steel screw was stronger then the pot metal. Been holding for a few years now.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little pot metal piece is drilled and tapped with a 10-32 holding the two pieces together. Decided the steel screw was stronger then the pot metal. Been holding for a few years now.
Pics or diagram???

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
Not good with paint, but circle is the screw head, yellow is the break, red line is the direction of the hole.
It may have only been a 8-32 machine screw.
You must be registered for see images attach

I cut off the very end of the long part when I replaced mine so I can replace it without having to tear it apart as badly to replace again. The side effect of that is you can control the auto shifter without turning the key. If kids are around, it’s dangerous (could put in neutral and roll away) but I have no kids so I’m good.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not good with paint, but circle is the screw head, yellow is the break, red line is the direction of the hole.
It may have only been a 8-32 machine screw.
You must be registered for see images attach
Interesting, hope it holds for you a looooooooooooong time!

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Ignition switch in, manufacture is 'Standard'. I did not use the Auto Zone or Advance Auto switch, even though THEY have a lifetime warranty.

Now I see how that ****** works and that the included clip is to make sure it in installed in the 'Key Lock position' and it's not a retaining clip.

I can understand why the Key has a lot of resistance when turning towards the 'start' position...there's a significant compression spring in the Switch.

Anyhow, at least now my 'Accessories' work again!