Super duty springs on OBS want to stay around 2" extra

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've been trying to figure this out, and have looked at quite a few sites: Can I use 99+ super duty springs which I know are longer, and either move the shackle mount forward with SKY's shackle hanger kit? Or use the SD springs and SKY's RSK to do it. I want the better ride of the longer spring, but DO NOT want any lift more than 2-3".

Currently I've been running factory springs with cut down re-drilled sections of spring added to the center pin that have netted me 3.25" of lift for the last 5 years. But they need new bushings and shackle bushings, and have a slightly funky bend at the rear of the one. Basically I want to eliminate these springs altogether.

So I either need a set of decent riding +2-3" in OBS springs or a way to use the SD springs. I see it can be done, but gains 4-5 inches and I already am within 3/8" of not fitting in my garage.

Thoughts? Welding and some fab work are not out of the question, but I also have 3 kids and very little time to contend with also. Also the truck will not fit into the garage lengthwise so leaving the truck torn apart forever isnt an option.

Thanks for Trying to help!!

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
it depends on what superduty spring you run. You can do the sky RSK which is 2.5" on excursion leaf springs which will net you the least amount of lift. It will be the 2-3in you are looking for. Alot of 4wd excursion owners swap to V code springs to get 1.5in of lift because the excursion was designed to fit inside a standard garage.

You can search for Excursion V code swap and you'll see what i mean. That would give you the best ride and least amount of lift.

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that valueble piece of info!!! Excursion springs should be readily available, as I have an all ford salvage yard near where I work!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aren't Superduty springs a bit narrower than our leaf springs? Also what does that affect if they are?

troupp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the research I've done, they are they same width, but 3.5" longer, giving you the better ride. and are mitilary wrapped so if they were to break it wouldn't fall apart.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Same width. The axles are a little wider if you want to try and shove them in a obs. I have SD lift springs on my truck. The longer leafs are much nicer riding.