Super Duty PSD and Oil leaks/bolt loosening

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
First it was my ICP sensor that failed and gushed oil everywhere... Fixed that and though all was fine. NOT!
The first part of the story involves what I thought was a starter failure. When I went to remove the starter the bolts where out about 4 threads! I tightened them back up and all is well. So, the starter story ended well.
So anyway, today started severe oil hemraging event number 2. I had oil pouring out of the starter and the bellhousing. I went and picked up some turbo o rings and proceded to get into that mess. Thankfully I figured out that the oil leak was from the HPOP. after removing that I found that it had a loose plug rite by the ICP solenoid. I tightened it and put the dam thing back in.
So, whats gonna fall off this truck next? I have owned it sonce new and I know that none of the things that have come undone so far have ever been touched. And no, the truck was not built on a friday either. Actually it was built on Tuesday. The next thing that falls off is gonna result in me getting a new truck or at least just getting rid of this one. This is total BS:puke: This is the 4th major problem in 2 weeks (had to get a solenoid pack for the trans too). Anyone else have a problem with parts falling off or am I the only one here?
Ken

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with parts falling off or am I the only one here?

Actually I did. Last week I was looking under the hood of my Mercedes and the alternator tensioner bracket nut was 98% un-threaded and ready to fall off. :eek: A nightmare ready to happen but avoided. ;Sweet

Ken, Murhpy's law is universal. :rolleyes:

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Do the 7.3 psd like to eat up the cam or crank sensors? One of my buddies used to keep a spare cause his 01 used to burn them up or somethin.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
The engine doesnt have any vibration that I havent felt in other trucks. Actually it really runs quite smooth for a diesel.
As for the CPS, I did have 1 fail years ago and replaced it myself. Ford did a recall on the truck and replaced it again for me about 6 months ago. All in all its been a good truck except for the last month or so when everything decided to fall off it. , leak oil, or just plain fail.
Ken

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
My buddies had over 200k i believe. He sold it with over 300k on it. Mine has 242k on it and dont think its ever been replaced. Just wondering if i should just buy an extra sensor