Sun timing meter

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The tip about the mag probes is a great tip. A new probe will cost about $375.00 so its important to get the air gap correct. Cleaning off the damper wheel and digging out the groove is another fine idea. Long before I knew of the air gap my mag probes would collect dirt off the damper and quit working. In all my timing meter rentals I include the business card trick and a 5/16 drill bit to clean out the tall skinny probe location at the damper. This has work very well for many members that needed to time their engines.

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely a good tip. The 86 is mine now and is actually at my house full-time, so one of these days I'll try this thing out. I also got a Snap-On meter with lumy probes, so I will need to try that one too.
Tavis..

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Sure looks like the Rotunda to me too. The instructions for using it are in one of my album links. Check the Moose Truck album tech drawings section.

Where is this album? I can't find it in your profile, the tech section, nor in the album link at the top of the home page where it says there are no albums. :dunno

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge140

Members online