Stupid ?

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know the micron rate of those transparent lawnmower fuel filters? I know stupid!

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
91f2504x4 I appreciate the quick response. Well I've got the little $5 filter so at best it 75 micron, that suck. I was useing this to filter my waste oil till I can get something better made. Guess I'll have to get a better now!

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you oil is not pretty clean I would think that little filter would plug up pretty quick anyway. I started out using a golden rod water block filter that was 10 micron and barely got 15 gallons filtered before it plugged up. I switched to the whole house filter with a 2 micron filter and I finished up filtering the whole 55 gallon drum with no issues at all. The whole house filter has a lot more room inside of it for the crud to build up before it plugs the filter up. I am still going to run the water block but only after it has gone through the large whole house filter first.

budget95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a whole house filter system but I didn't get a chance to get a filter or the fitting I'll need. I was just trying to improvise for the night so I hade enough fuel to get to work In the morning. All I have accomplished tonight is filtering it at mabey 75 microns twice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online