Stronger after turning down 4 flats?

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I got tired of burning through so much diesel so quickly so I turned it down 4FLATS! It still smokes but its fairly light, but know it feels like it pulls so much harder then before like spinning the tires no-problem kind of torque. Weird huh. I'm still burning through as much diesel as before because its so much fun playing with the torque it has now.:peelout

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
yes, it takes some work to get it over 900F. I guess what I'm asking is Why is it peppier, torquier? A better Air/Fuel ratio?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
I'll hazard a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) that your timing was too far retarded. Now you are burning leaner, which burns faster, which requires less advance. You lucked out and put the mixture in the "sweet spot" for your timing setting. What is your timing set at?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
The lower Exhaust Gas Temps also indicate that your engine is running more efficiently; converting more fuel to mechanical energy and less (waste) heat.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
I'll hazard a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) that your timing was too far retarded. Now you are burning leaner, which burns faster, which requires less advance. You lucked out and put the mixture in the "sweet spot" for your timing setting. What is your timing set at?

DUDE YOU NAILED IT! That makes sense actually! I never thought of that. Whats my timing set at...Heck if I know:rotflmao Good enough I guess, good start times, descent Hwy mpg. It ran good when it was turned up, but it was a noticeable deference when I turned it down. I was thinking it would be its old sluggish self but no.