STOCK TURBO OR BANKS SIDEWINDER??

GONZO86

Reaction score
I have a 1993 f350 with a banks turbo system on it now. The engine is toast and I am getting one from Reviva. It is a complete drop in with an ats turbo and complete exhaust system.

I am paying the core differance to keep the banks turbo. Is it worth it to pull the ats and run the Banks?

According to banks there turbo gives 60hp more thank the stock ats.

What ever turbo I dont run on the 7.3 I will be selling along with the complete ats exhaust system.

thanks
Rod

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
GONZO86 said:
I have a 1993 f350 with a banks turbo system on it now. The engine is toast and I am getting one from Reviva. It is a complete drop in with an ats turbo and complete exhaust system.

I am paying the core differance to keep the banks turbo. Is it worth it to pull the ats and run the Banks?

According to banks there turbo gives 60hp more thank the stock ats.

What ever turbo I dont run on the 7.3 I will be selling along with the complete ats exhaust system.

thanks
Rod

I dont believe that the banks put out 60hp more than the ats turbo, maybe it puts out 60hp more than naturally aspirated.
Both turbos are compareable it just depends on which one YOU like better, there isnt going to be much difference in performance no matter which you choose.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I'm assuming the difference in HP ratings is due to the fact banks has you turn up the pump and Ford kept them turned down from factory to not out shine the new PSD coming out with only 215 HP

aaklingler

Reaction score
It depends which downpipe you get on the new motor, if you get the 3" downpipe i would say there the same, but a previous ATS dealer told me the ATS will make more heat.

scheid6996

scheid6996
Reaction score
go with the banks, my dad has the stock ATS set up on his 94 with the ATS intercooler, and my banks set up with out an intercooler kills his truck hands down

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Banks hands down!My factory jobber spools up slower than the banks on the Enterprise.Granted,the Banks has a round down pipe where the ATS has a flat but since you have both and I am guessing you won't be getting the 3" DP with the new engine,I would go with the banks sidewinder!

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Exhaust on the factory turbo blows the goat :puke: my buddies truck looks like less than my stinger system cookoo with the non mandrel bends...

rancherman84

P.E.R.F.E.C.T!
Reaction score
be carefull of that reviva engine,a guy over on FTE had to install two before he got one to last over 10,000 miles.then that one blew up!
he ended up rebuilding his 6.9 and reinstalling it.
he has pics of the disassembled engines,very poor assembly and quality control.
his name is dave sponangle,he has a 84 f-250 4x4.i would go over and see if you can pull some old threads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle