stock downpipe..............Why?

IDIcaveman

i like pie
Reaction score
so while my trans was out it looked like a good time for me to "attempt" the downpipe. well it came off easy enough and then i took off the heat wrap and about chit a brick. WHY?:dunno
I can't believe that is a factory part! but i cut a 8 foot stick of 3inch in half and got it my second try. i'm very happy! now to finish hooking up my trans and see if i can notice some improvements. custom air intake later this week also. :D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a real defeat in engineering isnt it???

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some think it may have been an intentional way of decreasing the output of the IDI Turbo.............as the "new and improved":rolleyes: Powerstroke would look more impressive in comparision. Otherwise who knows why they used such a restricted and weird downpipe.:dunno Anyway, ditch it.

Heath

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I dont know if thats true or not, but you also have to look at the stock PSD downpipe, that also is very restrictive. I think its more for an ease of installation from the factory.

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Agreed, stock downpipe is a joke..... hence why mine is in the trash!!! Probly one of the easier and most beneficial upgrades ya can do. (in my opinion)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance