Sterling 10.25 disk brakes???

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
i did a custom disc swap on Blue. i milled up mounting flanges with the superduty outer pattern with a square pocket milled out to fit over the stock small square flange our axles have. used superduty calipers, rotors, e-brake cables. now the problem is the inner e-brake spring rubbing on the wheel hub. our axle have big diameter hubs. SD axles have the hub necked down to allow room for the spring to go across. all of this time, money, time, effort, and time ******* around and the e-brake is pathetic and it stops worse than a dually i had that had 100% factory brakes!!!! moral of my story? wasnt really worth it... and i had NO desire to do a swap on Black Dynamite this time around!!!

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did a custom disc swap on Blue. i milled up mounting flanges with the superduty outer pattern with a square pocket milled out to fit over the stock small square flange our axles have. used superduty calipers, rotors, e-brake cables. now the problem is the inner e-brake spring rubbing on the wheel hub. our axle have big diameter hubs. SD axles have the hub necked down to allow room for the spring to go across. all of this time, money, time, effort, and time ******* around and the e-brake is pathetic and it stops worse than a dually i had that had 100% factory brakes!!!! moral of my story? wasnt really worth it... and i had NO desire to do a swap on Black Dynamite this time around!!!

What rotors / calipers did you use? Did you change the proportioning valve? Are you saying the e-brake is worse than stock or that the service brakes are too?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some 76-78 Eldorado rear calipers I'm going to use and get brackets for thus retaining some park brake mechanism and hopefully it's going to work well for me!

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
read some of these posts, not all, and i apologize if this is mentioned somewhere else...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BoltOn.html

The sterling ones on there, tells you what calipers and such to use, i bought the brackets (50 bucks) and the calipers and brakes... just have to time find to rebuild my sterling to use them. There are about 10-15 guys over at fullsizebronco.com that used the above linked brackets to do 4wheel disc while swapping to 1ton axles.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
read some of these posts, not all, and i apologize if this is mentioned somewhere else...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/BoltOn.html

The sterling ones on there, tells you what calipers and such to use, i bought the brackets (50 bucks) and the calipers and brakes... just have to time find to rebuild my sterling to use them. There are about 10-15 guys over at fullsizebronco.com that used the above linked brackets to do 4wheel disc while swapping to 1ton axles.
Ya...those and my eldorado calipers....make a legal setup...ortherwise I have to fab a brake on the drive shaft...and personally I'd rather have park on axle than driveline...JM2CW

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance