Sterling 10.25 brake spring configuration???

rterril02

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I'm doing a 10.25 swap in my 86. It had a 10.25 originally but the pinion seal was leaking and instead of fixing I chose to get a newer version of the sterling with the longer splined pinion. I have the axle mounted (and didn't have to shorten the drive line) and when I took off the brakes at the beginning of the switch I forgot to take a picture of how the springs were. The pictures are of what I have done so far. There are some springs left over, one of the shoe hold down springs and two of the purple springs that resemble the blue spring I have on the bottom. Did I get the adjuster right?

rterril02

Reaction score
The picture of the wheel cylinder was taken before I installed the parking brake.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I think this is correct. thanks for the great closeup pics too.nothing worse than a blurred pic asking what something is. Nice clean brake area too but I would have used some anti sieze on the brake to friction areas.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Looks right. That's probably a general hardware kit. (Cheaper to make one kit for multiple applications)

Looking closer, appears you may have the adjuster wheels on the wrong sides. The way it's at, it won't hold it tight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86