Stella's rally incident update

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
First and foremost I want to thank everyone at the rally that showed exceptional concern, compassion and sympathy for my daughter that got burned and for my emotional state. You guys are the ABSOLUTE BEST people I know and I love every one of you. Sending prayer requests back to home churches and prayer chains, praying at the potluck for us, watching my other daughter while I went off 2 hours away to the hospital. That really touched me deeply. What else REALLY helped was the sharing of stories of other father's parenting mess-ups. Knowing that I'm not alone in my stupidity was very comforting and truly did help tremendously. I was SO upset and you all helped me get through that. I can not thank you enough. I really can't.

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
Please keep us posted on her progress. All of us fathers know what its like to worry about your baby girl.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
No idea but my feelings go out to you as I too am the father of a girl turned into a brilliant talented woman in todays business meat market. She is away in Cabo at the moment and I worry every minute her being there. She is with three of her best girls too. Any one of them would kick ass in any dog or ***** fight too. Sadly I have not heard word one of this burn but will pray for you just the same. Burns just hurt bad and take time to heal.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
She is doing absolutely wonderfully. If it wasn't for the wrapped up hand you'd never know anything happened. She only cries when changing the bandages.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Andy,

I am glad she is doing well...... and don't think you are the only Dad who's had an accident with the kids while camping.......

Back in it think 08, I decided to give Mary, a "weekend off", and I took the 3 boys and went camping with Travis and family relatively close to home. Jr (our youngest) was in the crawling/pulling up stage when we went..... On Saturday evening, we were all around the fire, and Jr was crawling, right next to me. He started toward the fire ring, (which we'd had a fire in since sometime the evening before) and as I reached down to grab him, he bolted toward the fire ring...... and pulled himself up on the ring....... and ...... well, we won't delve into that......

Got him to the Doctor at Riley, and they said he would be ok...... He is now almost 9, and has NO permanent issues!! He had his hands wrapped for a week or so, but that was all....

Just know, you aren't alone in this..... and she will be back to normal very soon....... and will just be a distant memory!!!!!!

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can sure relate to your child getting burn't. Youngster are so quick in there movement sometimes. Kinda spoils the vacation sometimes, but that's life. Sure glad to hear she's gonna be OK. Bad burns, skin peels, long time healing.

First time tent camping, my oldest boy, 4yrs old, went stomping in the ashes with some hot coals in it that the previous camper had left, to the Hospital, both feet bandaged up. No fun for any of us for a week.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Anything we could do to help, you are not alone. It's all part of being a perent. We try our best to keep kids safe but kids move quickly.

I have sat in enough emergency room visits to know.

Keep us updated, she is in our prayers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think I've been to a rally where I didn't feel the spirit at work in someones life. Glad we could all be there for you. Rally time has always been family time. Best wishes to Stella for continued healing and for you all to be at peace with this.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy, we have all had our little ones get hurt. We of course try our best to keep them out of trouble, but, kids can't live in a bubble. We were all glad to help and pray. We know you guys would have done the exact same for us. Thanks for the update. We'll keep praying.

God bless ya buddy.

Heath

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least you had a good story behind it. I had a friend who accidentally broke his 4yo son's arm while playing on the floor. About 9mos later, a shelf with his wife's dumbells fell on him and gave him a concussion.

Needless to say, the Dr. introduced them to "someone who has a few questions for you...".

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Even when they are grown and gone, their parents continue to worry.

I hope there are no lasting ill effects for either of you.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Ok guys I'm a few days late but Monday she had her follow-up appointment. ALL GOOD!!! Completely healed. No more bandages. No more ointments. She can bathe and swim all she wants! Thank you guys so much for your prayers and support!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Great News Andy, The Power is greater than all of us. AS a parent, we are not perfect. We just try to do the best we can. I've lost Mike twice when he was little. Once was a Powerstroke Rally in Indianapolis, (they locked the place down until we found him(he was playing with some kids and they went inside a RV to play games so he went with them). Second time we were in a Halloween parade,and he was walking with his friends, and started following the wrong group and ended up at another church.(who brought him back to us). Both times I ended up running around like a chicken with my head cut off in a panic. Kicking myself for not keeping a better eye on him. Things happen so fast that you can't watch them every second. I'm so glad to hear Stella is going to be ok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online