Starting issue

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 85 has been starting hard. When I bought it a few months ago, it started like a champ in 40 to 50 degrees. I changed the fuel filter when I got it and ever since it seems like it starts hard. I figured air in the lines, but I have driven it a few thousand miles. Wouldn't the air be out by now? It starts great when warm. But over night in 35 degree weather, it will take two cycles on the glow plugs and foot pedal to the floor and turning over for maybe 7 seconds. Any ideas?

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a few bad glow plugs or the circuit that controls them is shot. Are your batteries good? Have they been individually load tested recently? These are the most likely causes of not starting in COLD weather.

Dave

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 85 has been starting hard. When I bought it a few months ago, it started like a champ in 40 to 50 degrees. I changed the fuel filter when I got it and ever since it seems like it starts hard. I figured air in the lines, but I have driven it a few thousand miles. Wouldn't the air be out by now? It starts great when warm. But over night in 35 degree weather, it will take two cycles on the glow plugs and foot pedal to the floor and turning over for maybe 7 seconds. Any ideas?

That does not sound bad....how long ar gp on for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk