Stans headers??

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone got stans headers on their 6.9 or 7.3?? are they worth the price of aroudn 500$$? any horsepower gain?? and fabbing pown pipes and up pipes for them be the ultimate flow? these babies would decrease egs's amazingly! but as long as they are stainless steel and not chromed because chrome traps heat.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
They seem like an awful lot of money for a turbo contraceptive (unless you want to go remote mount), but I believe there are a few here that run them.

bigblue85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i emailed stan a while back and i thoughit about buying a set because his base price is 500 for chromed or ceramic its more and 400 bucks around there for the stainless ones... i figured after mounting cut them to almost shorty style headers to about mid block a little longer than stock manifolds and making pipiing for them..it would be alot of work but i just wonder wat they even sound like ! it has to sound like a 351 clevor as much compression these things have lol!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take a look at this guys adventure with Stan's headers.
As always, everyone's skills are a little different and ability to take advice and follow directions vary. Do your homework, and you'll be ok;Sweet
(see post #8 for the linky)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Slap me silly and call me skippy did boston have a hand full o chit with those headers and the designers. They continued to tell him nothing was wrong with their headers when it was a problem they created.. They finally relented anf fixed the issue but it was pure hell dealing with them.. Be warned before you lay down the bucks... Its been well documented in this forum...

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have a set myself. They were no problem to put in. Not saying I am the smartest but he had all the trouble with the dip.stick and mine fit like a glove. Maybe he wasn't holding his mouth right. LOL.
For your application blown84 why not just buy the flanges and fab the headers how you want?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set used from a member on here, can't wait to get them on the truck with a full 3" true daul exhaust.. Should wake it up a bit, and definatly improve sound;Sweet

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a cab-n-chassis with headers and 2" true duals with 40" glass packs. I think it sounds great. The truck is in the shop for paint right now and I havn't towed with it, but it seems to move with headers and a turbo pump.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had a set and i had no trouble putting them in or taking them out as gw buff is buying them from me they sounded great and i loved em just went turbo so no need for them