Stanadyne or Howes

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How often do you change yours? I change mine out of boredom. Two stroke oil isn't going to change my service interval. I can't imagine it is dirtier than the diesel we put in our tanks or the wmo some run.

Btw, O'Reilly around here was clearancing some 2S oil. About 12 a gallon.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm running 2 fuel filters. The first is a wix that's also a water separator.the 2nd is the stock fuel filter.i replaced then @20000 miles. Cut them open and realized I ruined 2 perfectly clean filters. I'll probably go 50000miles this time.

Oil I change somewhere between 3000 and 4000 Miles. I do lots of short trips and idling and both are bad for oil.

Mikey89014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to use the Lucas brand additives. It seems like they have a
higher viscosity than PS or stanadyne and lubricate cylinders.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran the Optilube single clean formula and it seemed to make a difference. The truck sounded better at idle even with just pump fuel minus any additives of my own. I have run through one gallon of Optilube XPD and the truck seems to run smoother than when I ran Powers Diesel Kleen. Just my .02

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about archoil the guy that runs powerstrokehelp.Com bill hueit' I think i spelled it right he uses it and has customer testimonials in his vids,anywhere from the old 80s mercedes diesels to new powerstrokes. I think if I could use it for the Kubota some how I'd like to see if it reduces engine noise. But 95 bucks is a little steep.

I'm an Archoil dealer, and I run their fuel additive in my Powerstrokes. We know for a fact that the oil additive helps the 6.0's with injector sticktion issues.