stage 2 injectors

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i've been looking for some injectors, and i looked on rosewood diesel shop and they have stage 2's the budget built, Overhaul, 160 cc upgrade, new Nozzles flow 80% over stock,With correct supporting mods, these arecapable of around 400 hp
for $885 and thats if i send in my old injectors, i dont think the injectors have ever been replaced on my truck, so they have 165,000 miles on them.
now they do have premium stage 2's where they put new plunger and barrel assemblies but its a lil pricier then the budget built $1235
would i be better to go with premium built with so many miles on my old ones? thanks

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
For that kind of money, you might want to contact Mel (agnem) about a set of moose misters. You can do a search on them and find what you need to know. I don't want to quote prices, Mel can do that, but I believe they are in the ballpark of what you are looking at.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
This is PSD's section LOL

Rosewood is a good brand. Correct on supporting mods, stage 2's and tune will push your stock turbo to the limit and beyond. Start saving up for an upgrade.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't believe the 400hp capability.especially from a budget built injectors.ive heard his kits were good but never seen dyno numbers from anybody running them.read my signature for the 400hp recipe.with a turbo upgrade it would be 425+ hp.your stock turbo will handle it as long as you keep boost around 26psi or under.im pushing 36 through mine, on my 3rd turbo

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For that kind of money, you might want to contact Mel (agnem) about a set of moose misters. You can do a search on them and find what you need to know. I don't want to quote prices, Mel can do that, but I believe they are in the ballpark of what you are looking at.

Get back in the basement where you belong before I call the loony bin and tell them you escaped again:backoff

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is the OBS turbo junk?? Superduty has Small exhaust housing, wastegated.The superduty guys that put th van turbos on as an upgrade is very close to the OBS turbo.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
They are stock turbo's......the fact of the matter is they aren't designed with performance mods in mind.

A D66 or H2E is the way to go

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are stock turbo's......the fact of the matter is they aren't designed with performance mods in mind.

A D66 or H2E is the way to go

No argument there. Just that the superduty turbo is no upgrade other than the way it mounts.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The obs turbo has a bushing, sd has a bearing.they are completely different.only thing remotely the same is the compressor wheel.the van turbo the sd guys want is the same thing they already have without the waste gate.all they really need is the exhaust housing.

longhorn795

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i do send the injectors in and get rebuilt will i have a had time starting it? i know on my idi i put reman injectors in it and i guess they already had fuel in them and it started right up.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make damn sure you have all fuel and oil drained from the cylinders before putting the injectors back in!!! After all 8 are back in turn the motor over a couple full turns by hand.while putting valve covers etc. back on jump the solenoid to crank it over a few seconds giving the starter a chance to cool between cranks.its gonna start hard for a bit.when its done drive it like you stole it.40 miles at 40 mph with over drive off,4th gear on 5 speed.