Squeeky Belt

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
On my 93 the belt is super squeeky. Its VERY annoying and makes my truck sound like POS :mad: So is there anything I can do about this? Its a surpantine (prolly didn't spell that correctly lol) and it starts squeeking at a very low rpm level so yeah very nerve racking. Any suggestions?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Perhaps time to replace tensioner?

I had a V belt slip on me bad at school once. I was a sophmore, new 16y.o driver. Talk about embarrasing for my truck to sound the way it did. I shut it off, and thought for a minute. I then had a genius idea. I was chewing a piece of gum. So I went and popped the hood, and applied said piece of gum on the underside of the belt. Totally fixed my belt squeek problem. I felt like I was Mcgyver (or however you spell it).

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Maybe thats what i need to do to mine lol. How much you think a tensioner would set me back?

boosted power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I fought a squeaky belt for nearly a year before I gave up and replaced the tensioner. Replacements were about 100 bucks on rockauto.com, but I got a new one off ebay for 50. Best money I have ever spent on my truck.

fuzzy1626

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2 on the tensioner. As they wear they start to lean forward and the belt alignment will be off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online