Spin free kit

tomcowboy

Reaction score
a spin free kit changes the auto or semi auto front spindles to selectable front hubs or locking front hubs
the kit gives you everything from the short shafts out except the brakes
these kits new run $1500 - $2000;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I know alot of times guys (at least on the Ford's) go this route to get away from the "expensive" unit hubs. In normal service, with stock-ish sized tires they are ok.... but with bigger tires it can kill them quickly...... I know guys, including myself with 100k+ and some close to 200k on unit hubs.... but this is stock height, stock-ish sized tires and not beat off-road....

I know on mine, the $2-300 or less for a unit hub... that I may only have to replace once or twice is much better than a $2000 kit...... IMHO..... I can by several sets of unit hubs for 2 grand.....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Scott on the Dodge front axle the only thing that unlocks is the axle shaft up by the pumpkin on the passengers side. The drivers side is turning the front pig and the passengers side is still turning the axle half shaft if you will up to the just short of the pumpkin - it's not quite the best set up for fuel econ as you can imagine. I would suspect that is why is was looking for an upgrade. When I was working on Geoff's 99 a few years back I was quite surprised to find this out as we were changing seals in the front axle. Not quite the best setup in my opinion.

tomcowboy

Reaction score
spinfree kit

As far as I know they are a fair trade item only sold at registered dealers. You can get the list of dealers from the dynatrac web site.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
As far as I know they are a fair trade item only sold at registered dealers. You can get the list of dealers from the dynatrac web site.

Thanks for the info! I will def look into that. It seems most of the prices are pretty comparable to each other.

tomcowboy

Reaction score
spinfree kit

The specs are alike but I don't know anyone that has used one.
Although the company has a good reputation.
The Dynatrac for my 94 1ton is $2200 at the local store in Jacksonville, and the Yukon is $1799 on ebay.