Speedometer recalculation

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, my buddy has an 01 Dodge 2500 Cummins with an Auto. He just put 295/75R16's BFG All Terrains, and would like to get the speedo corrected. Any idea on when/how/where to get it fixed so the overhead reads correctly and the speedo is normal? Can the dealership recal the speedo? How much would it cost? Thanks for any advice. Scotty

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no we cannot recalibrate the speedometer at the dealer...all we have the ability to do is set the pinion factor at the largest factory tire size supplied by the manufacturer...265/75/16
superchips power programmer has a feature for speedometer recalibration...and you can get a few ponies out of the deal too. thats the only place i know can recalibrate a speedometer for larger tires.
btw...his speedometer is only off approx 4mph

Turbo Tim 1

Reaction score
I've been told the dealer CAN re-calibrate the speedo, there is a section in the DRB to set the revolutions per mile besides just tire size. Now all you have to do is find a dealer willing to listen that it can be done. :D

Whit

Reaction score
I run 35" tires and used a True Speed Calibrator hooked into the system to correct my speedo, it also has a switch on it so a feller could run two different sets of wheels. got it from Rickson.com

Jerry

Dunce
Reaction score
Turbo Tim is right. Mine is set at 601 revs per mile and is dead nuts on. My dealer told me the same **** till I told them how to do it with the DRB tool. Then all they said was "gee we didn't know that."

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well...someone tell me how to do it...in all my time there i havent seen it yet. all i ever found with the drb is pinion factor.

24VChevy

Reaction score
I have done the speedo recalibration (rev per mile pinion factor) with my snap on scan tool. Any shop that has this should be able to do it. You have to go into the ABS modual to access it.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent thought of that..makes sense, i'll check it out there, see what i find.

justinp20012500

Reaction score
Ditto on the dealer CAN.

You just have to know the dia in inches of the tire, or revolutions per mile.

Just type it in on the ole DRB and its fixed!