Speakers..

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
So my 85 is a some sort of ultra base model, no door speakers, no holes in the cab or doors for speaker wires. Only speaker is the one in the dash which isnt functioning. Where have you guys put your speakers?

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
My 86 has door, dash, and the lmc headliner. :D

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
You can get them on ebay cheaper then out of lmc. They have kits for trucks without factory headliner

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The holes for the speakers are in the doors though, correct? I would not let the holes not being there for the wires in the door jamb stop me.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
The headliner has 4 4" speakers

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
How much are u looking to spend? And what are u expectations? Are u using a factory radio or aftermarket headunit?

I have a Custom model and still had speakers in the doors, although mine is an 88 model with no dash speaker. I also added two 6x9s in boxes behind the seat (mainly when i go out the bush parties, heh).

If u want to keep it looking fairly factory u should be able to put a set of 6 1/2" speakers in the doors in the factory location and use 92+ rear cab trim to get a set of 6x8 speakers in the rear cab corners.

Just remember, one good set of speakers will be better than several sets of lower quality speakers. And u really dont need more than 2 pair in a vehicle, especially a regular cab truck.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
How much are u looking to spend? And what are u expectations? Are u using a factory radio or aftermarket headunit?

I have a Custom model and still had speakers in the doors, although mine is an 88 model with no dash speaker. I also added two 6x9s in boxes behind the seat (mainly when i go out the bush parties, heh).

If u want to keep it looking fairly factory u should be able to put a set of 6 1/2" speakers in the doors in the factory location and use 92+ rear cab trim to get a set of 6x8 speakers in the rear cab corners.

Just remember, one good set of speakers will be better than several sets of lower quality speakers. And u really dont need more than 2 pair in a vehicle, especially a regular cab truck.
I tried the 92 door trim in my 86. To much work and still looked bad. Thats why I got the headliner. The 80-86 trucks seatbelt is the main hang up.

Hyde

N GO SEEK
Reaction score
Just want decent sound, stock look doesn't matter at all, probably going to try some 6x9s behind the seat