SOUTH BEND CLUTCH

tractorman86

Reaction score
so i got my southbend clutch in today:thumbsup: and hopefully this week wont be too hecktic to get the trans and shiney new clutch in. talk to peter, it is a luk clutch that south bend modifies PN: MU1938 RALLY 07035 and costs $375 shipping for me was $48 but should be a lot cheeper for you folks in the midwest seeing how it came out of Mishawaka, IN. they put a different lining on the plate, and tweek(bump up) the clamping force on the pressure plate, a throwout bearing, and a Kevlar pilot buching pete says it WILL handle 350 diesel hp . it seems to be a pretty slick set

Attachments

• clutch.JPG
    clutch.JPG
    572.6 KB · Views: 29

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let me know how the install goes and how the clutch feels? are you going from a DMF to a SMF?

i need a new clutch for my truck and im having a hard time deciding between DMF/SMF, and whether i should choose Luk, southbend or valair. then theres always the problem of choosing which clutch/lining i want after choosing a company.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i got the kevlar kit, can't wait to try it! especially for what it cost! LOL they said on the site about the kevlar bearing but i guess the 6.9 roller bearings were fine...? :dunno

-Jon

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$375 sounds like a great deal, I am assuming this was just a clutch, pressure plate and throwout, not a flywheel kit.

Is it a dual mass or single?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing they forget to mention is the need for a REALLY BFH to beat in the kevlar pilot bushing. It's a fair amount larger then where the original bearing went. In fact, if you have access to a press, use that instead. I thought it was a machining error and it stalled a job until Monday.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you take your flywheel for resurfacing prior to your clutch instal, take the pilot bearing with you. Most places will remove the old one and press in the new one as part of the service of resurfacing the flywheel.

I love my South Bend Clutch.;Sweet
You must be registered for see images

Heath

Last edited:

tractorman86

Reaction score
yes it is a rep set as they call it, clutch, plate, throwout brg and pilot brg, for a smf i already had the luk conversion he said it will bolt right to the luk smf.

Last edited: