Some pics of our drivers roll over.

Truckie

Reaction score
Just now getting around to do this now. Here are a few pics of the truck our driver rolled over two weeks ago. It is a 1999 Mack with a 1978 Fruhough frame and a 1996 JMH body on it.

Attachments

• DSC00186.JPG
    DSC00186.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 61

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
OUCH!! if you've ever rolled a truck you know the long frame and heavy cab create a whip effect when you do flip it. first the dump bed or 5th wheel hitch starts to go, then the frame stops twisting in the opposite direction and twists extremely fast in the direction that the dump bed or 5th wheel hitch is goin. Scariest thing, this can happen so fast your shoes will get ripped off of your feet, even when laced and tight. I Know.

Dom

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Whoops LOL

End dump trailers are bad for flopping on the side usually its from a load that gets jammed up in the top of the box and doesn't want to come out. The other thing that can cause a roll over is if the trailers wheels sink on one side.

From the pictures it looks like the ground is hard and flat what did cause the trailer to go over ?

Truckie

Reaction score
Pacific said:
Whoops LOL

End dump trailers are bad for flopping on the side usually its from a load that gets jammed up in the top of the box and doesn't want to come out. The other thing that can cause a roll over is if the trailers wheels sink on one side.

From the pictures it looks like the ground is hard and flat what did cause the trailer to go over ?

Well, heres how it all went down. It was all driver error I hate to say. The load did not stick in the trailer at all, it is a smooth floor I did most of the welding in it my self so I know the load did not hang up. If you look in pic # 1 in front of the truck you see a big chunk of steel laying there. Well, the driver said "I might have it while I was backing up because I herd a tire go ****." Well, he did hit it and the tire he blowed out was the left rear out side, so there goes about 30% of your stability right there. The second thing was also his fault, the front inside tire was just about flat. The third error was he never dumped the air bags on the tractor. And # 4 was he was not straight I mean tractor and trailer in line with each other. He told me that "something did not feel right so he decided to look out the door to see what was going on and he said I saw the trailer leaning about a 3rd of the way over, so I hit the lever to bring it down and nothing happened and then it started to fall all the way so I decided to jump out of the truck." :backoff -cuss So there you go.

Truckie

Reaction score
O yeah I almost for got that trailer we had just purchased it about two months earlier from JMH in Hamburg Pa. It had a brand new 5th wheel plate and king pin installed and a brand new scope. Man if that just dose not :urinate ;Pissed I don't know what will.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suppose he is flipping burgers now.

Truckie

Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I suppose he is flipping burgers now.
I don't know for sure cause it took him a few days to come around to fill out an accident report, but then he did show up and do all his paper work. We told him to clean out his truck and he did.:Axed A fried of mine told me the other day that he and his wife were :fight:ing and he had a nervous breakdown and is now living out in a pop up trailer behind his house. My buddy said he wanted to know if we would use him at work for any other jobs. :rotflmao

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wowsers, sounds to me like this gent has bigger problems that playing teeter totter with an end dumper...........

kwazyca

HALF A BUBBLE OFF?
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Wowsers, sounds to me like this gent has bigger problems that playing teeter totter with an end dumper...........

Two kinds of end dump drivers.

Those that have flipped them over.......................and those that will.

Deezle1

Fah-Q Racing
Reaction score
Back last year i flipped a old paystar international site truck, it had frame work done to it, and the area they did work to split under load, and me un-knowing i started putting the bed up. it got about 3/4 of the way up before i watched between the axles start separating, frame had made an exploasion from the pressure, the bed tipped, then the cab whipped. The seat belt broke and threw me into the passinger door...ripping my boots right off my feet. It happened so fast. I know none of it was my fault, but DANG!!! i felt real bad about it. Walked away without a scratch, little bump on the head...

Dom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online