Sold my 89, bought an 88

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I sold my 89 F350 XLT CCLB 7.3/E4OD a couple weeks ago. I just happen to find an 88 F250 xustom 7.3/ZF5 RCLB truck that someone was gonna send to the scrapped so I figured I'd but t since the price was cheap. Turned out to be a good deal once I saw it in person. My guess is that it has been sitting since 09ish since that's when the reg expired. It started right up with a little ***** and good batteries. Runs so smooth! Doesn't need a whole lot and runs and drives nice. Looks like the IP was rebuilt. The fuel gauge doesn't work right, needs GPs and/or relay, and the clutch pedal doesn't return most of the time. And it's 2wd but I may convert it as I have all the parts. The only rust is on the rear of the cab floor. I have a headliner and carpet for it too.

Photobucket and the uploader aren't working for me so I'll have to get pics up later.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the guy got a new truck and just let it sit and the person I got it from bought it off him non-running and just for scrap. $700 is what I paid. PB still isn't working for some reason.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I haven't done a whole lot with this truck yet. The clutch is in and out, sometimes it drops to the floor and the next time I put my foot on the clutch is feels fine. No leaks in the hydraulic system. The fuel heater itself is leaking, not the oring. Had to change out a few glow plugs. I'm getting over 19+ MPG with it which is pretty good. I think this truck will end up being my back up tow rig. I should be swapping the 2wd transmission for a 4wd on in the spring. I have everything else to 4x4 swap it. I had to use it night to do an emergency tow as my 95 CCLB powerstroke died on me and woudnt start back up. I also bought a 90 F350 4x4 7.3 IDI dump truck with a 9ft Fisher speedcaster. Supposedly needs either an injection pump or a lift pump. Hopefully picking it up this week. Finally uploaded some pics

You must be registered for see images attach

The rust:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice looking truck.:thumbsup: Thats a good idea to replace the hard line clamps before you break a line. I left mine off the same side and broke the number 2 hard line driving to work. A trip to the dealership for repairs cause I was new to ownership of the rig cost me nearly $400.00 for that line and replacement.. Never had that happen again either nor did I ever go back to that dealer either. They are now gone and the place is a vacant lots with weeds on it ater the buildings were torn down..

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geez I didn't even realize they were missing on the driver's side! I don't drive this truck really except for around the yard due to the clutch issues at the moment. I do have some extra clamps I'll throw on.