So what did you do with your truck today?

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change a couple weeks ago or so. Only used a quart in 3,500 miles. Had the oil analyzed and less then average stuff in it etc, so yay.

rdoimages

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the brake light switch, which was a pita, then used it to go exchange radiator for my 6.8 Excursion. It's had a weep for almost a year so it had been relegated to occasional use while the Dually became my dd. Really wanted to get it back on the road for those times that ac is required. Not prepared to spend $$ to convert the 7.3 to 132a.

89 F-350 sc 2wd DRW 7.3 ATS 088, C-6 with Gear Vendor and a rats nest of wiring that was free with purchase.
00 Excursion limited, 6.8 4x4
2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic Sport 4x4 4.0 auto

satx78247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To All,

Removed, cleaned, re-lubricated & replaced fuel injection pump/system for the 1986 F250 XLT Lariat 6.9.

Awaiting pickup/reinstall of rebuilt starter on Tuesday.
(In respect for our honored war-dead, RRR DC, Inc. is closed for the Memorial Day weekend.)

yours, satx

Last edited:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed a used heater core from my stock of parts....old was brass new was Aluminum.

Tossing a couple round fish eye mirrors on too for good measure...

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Removed injectors, cleaned bores and sealing surface and replaced copper washers and orings. New fuel filter filled with diesel kleen and air filter cleaned and re-oiled. Have a slight misfire at hot idle I've been trying to chase down. Hopefully this cures it.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove bout 250 kilometers picked up two 15 hp powerfist engines and related parts to convert another jarrette to modern emgine.

Picked up keyway stock i multiple sizes a 20K snatch block and some little casters to work on the platform to roll tractor asap back together.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its for the truck in a round about way! never to much information. Picked it up at a estate sale 5$, has all the truck engines from that year, 60 pages on the 6.9:)
You must be registered for see images attach

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^ Attach fail. Use "Go advanced" mode, otherwise attachments don't work (although there's no error message).

Well, it was yesterday, not today, but I pulled the pooched heater core out. Lotsa fun on the non-A/C "HI-OUTPUT" trucks. At least it happened in May and not November. I just did a real quick (think Indiana Jones with the diamond and the bag of sand) swap with the bypass hose, without draining the system, and lost maybe a cup of coolant. Now it's the waiting game, for a Motorcraft core (all the aftermakets seem to be aluminum).

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well today I'm going in.. I still can't stop the number 2 injector fuel leak and my bottom filter cover is leaking. So I plan to replace the number 2 hard line...:eek::mad: Of course thats the line at the bottom of the injection pump back side so it promises to be an event. Then replace the bottom filter cover with a spare. Then finally install my pyro I purchased 3 days ago. Mine stopped working a few months ago. Guess 300,000 plus miles was asking a little too much. None of these jobs do I relish doing. they all have issues expected.....:rolleyes:

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

re-post of engine manual

I've got one identical to that but paid less. It was a hand me down. [emoji6]. Dad bought a complete set with his new truck in 83 and I inherited it.

rwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well I did get a haynes ford truck manual and 30 or so ford shop advice monthly flyers they distributed to dealers, some from as early as 63 thru 72 see my pre idi post the whole lot for 5$ probably would have paid 25$for all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster