So what did you do with your truck today?

bigtex

trial and error
Reaction score
changed all the glow plugs and the truck starts fine now. also towed a horse trailer with two belgian drafts in it. MY GOD they were huge.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
small kit is cake. the large kit does take some work. Ford no longer has the large kit. when i got one for a friend 3 years ago, i was told i got 1 of the last 6 in the country.... discontinued part. thats the reason jason is remaking them. he is in the process of moving. not sure if he has some stock sitting there or if he got rid of them all.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I yanked the radiator out this morning and took it to my local repair guy. He had it brazed up and pressure tested in less than a couple of hours for a sweet price of $60 cash.;Sweet Came home, installed it sans fan and shroud and took her out for a spin to fuel up. No leaks.:D Gonna flush it out some more as there is still residuals left from my oil cooler swapping my coolant for my antifreeze last year.:backoff

Tomorrow I head north about an hour to Jackson, NJ to run an errand for the DDC. Should be a nice ride up Rt539.:thumbsup:

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
How about a thread Resurrection? I just got done loading up the Logger with everything I could think of. Headed out of state tomorrow morning to help a fellow Oilburner with some electrical issues at his home. ;Sweet Have some coffee ready, Jared;Really

How's that for the reflective yellow?:eek:

Attachments

• IMG00218-20130118-2002.jpg
    IMG00218-20130118-2002.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 123

heff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my autometer pyrometer. Pretty straight-forward install. Wiring the light took longer than anything tho. Getting it wired into the headlight switch so it would dim with the dash lights took longer than any other part. Looks good tho!

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Installed a turned up IP and new injectors on Mater after the old IP finally gave up the ghost.
Went to time it and the timing probe mount appears to have fallen off. D'OH!!

8ball

Reaction score
Pulled the hydroplane slicks off the '84 and replaced with some 75% H1 hummer tires on rear and almost new 235/85/16 M&S on front. Now it has a decidedly noticeable rake, but hey, I already had the tires. Also found enough pipe in my dad's junk pile to fab up some exhaust. P.O. cut off the pipes right under the cab. Now just have to go get a few clamps and hangers.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove the rig to the grocery store today lol. Seems to be smoking a little more blue exhaust. Am thinking my IP leak is causing the rough idling and added smoke. Not happy -cuss.