So what did you do with your truck today?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm a diesel newb.... what's a gillig?
They are a Bus Co., they make School Buss`s.
Remember riding them from 57 - 62.

They had a lot of buss`s, was a large district.
The School Dist. even had a 39 Studebaker School Bus. Roll up windows and brown leather seats.

Goat

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm probably going to switch to Power Service.

I usually put a pint of power service white bottle additive into each tank with each fill up
Well the moral of the story is that she runs again. Between the warmer weather, the fact that I left a couple of buckets of hot coals underneath the truck last night, and leaving the hood open so the sun could shine on the engine (may not have helped, but didn't hurt) all worked together. Over lunch, I did the trick that was used to do at the shop I worked at as well. In our shop truck, we'd fill a tank, dump in a gallon of gasoline and one quart of ATF (for extra lubrication) and didn't have any gelling issues. Since my tank was less the 3/4, I cut each in half. The fun came when I was trying to get the fuel system primed again. I've found out that my batteries are only holding a surface charge. Maybe the starter that I changed out about 1 1/2 weeks ago isn't as bad as I thought? I'm waiting on my boss to get me a couple more batteries so I can pay him with the monopoly money that he insists in giving as part of our Christmas bonus. I had to call for a jump start. Once she lit off, the engine ran great. I drove over to my garage to load up some more fire wood since this last week really cut into my pile here at the house. Then I headed north from there to stop off at Bomgaar's. They did have Diesel 911 so I bought a bottle. They were sold out of Power Service in the white bottles, but they did have some Diesel Extreme that had anti gel in it so I bought a bottle of it. Just in case, I also bought a couple of bottles of ATF to have on hand. As I got back into town, I saw that one of my truck driving friends was parked by the road so I stopped to talk to him. He told me that Howe's is junk and he prefers Power Service. So, other than considering myself to be stuck at home until next week because my truck won't start, everything turned out ok for this adventure.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Same here. If Biden pushes it, I don't want it!
It's not a political thing, just want to nip that in the butt before it gets out of hand.
So far seems to work great between my audi and my idi, along with the ALH a friend of my wife drives. Generally seems to be a little cheaper than the b5/b20 I find local by a bit, so I'm gonna keep running it.