So what did you do with your truck today?

gandalf

Reaction score
... I'm a simple girl hahaha

Why am I having such a hard time believing and understanding this? Somehow I'm doubting it.:rolleyes::)

Did I just count 10 vehicles in your sig? I'm beginning to have sympathy with Steve's attitude of "No more cars."

Is the truck ready for the trip? It will be towing just the trailer, won't it, with 1 or 2 quads? Easy job. Get plenty of lights on it.:rolleyes:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why am I having such a hard time believing and understanding this? Somehow I'm doubting it.:rolleyes::)

Did I just count 10 vehicles in your sig? I'm beginning to have sympathy with Steve's attitude of "No more cars."

Is the truck ready for the trip? It will be towing just the trailer, won't it, with 1 or 2 quads? Easy job. Get plenty of lights on it.:rolleyes:
So this morning I began my "daily drive it til the trip" cycle but I was rushing and forgot that almost empty is empty in both tanks. Front has new tank and sender and showerhead but it is still between 1/4 and E that it will stall.
So I ran out of fuel and dad had to come rescue me. I am 40 years old and still doing this crap to my poor father.

The good news is, the AAA driver that came to also rescue has a 94 idi and I am trying to get him to join oil burners!

Trailer new turns and wiring is done and all cleaned up and weather proof!

I'll post photos to show why, but the previous turns just stick out the sides of the back and they were ALWAYS being ripped off and have been repaired and I was sick of it.

So I looked at photos of other trailers and they have the main lights on the fenders, much safer (at least for the light).

The fenders are beat to crap so they're not all pretty and even, but they are visible and should last at LEAST two borrows from my dad haha

I did forget the license plate and light... Ugh

The Polaris ranger now officially has too many accessories heehee. This is my husband's only toy (unless you count unmentionable things) and he's so good to me that I try to do everything I can to make it what he wants. He and I are both light addicts. This thing is now all jacked up with lights.

We got a rock light kit so my youngest daughter can make it purple but I don't know if I can get all that routing done in the 48 hours I have left. Plus it's hot as heck out there.

Hopefully once I get the fsv on right after this break I'm taking in the air conditioned house, I can just drive the truck and find any surprises here and local before we are out in the middle of nowhere haha.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had seen the green, was wondering what that was, the avatar’s are low resolution so could not make it out. Was wondering if some jerk had vandalized your truck. But now I know it was by design.
Ha, it's actually in a Graffiti Font!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little known fact: you need fuel inside the tanks to

You are the only one I've ever met that also knows DC talk! The lyrics "what if I stumble, what if I fall and make fools of us all" HAUNTED me my whole teen years!!!!

When I get back from this trip I can make you a decal and ship it over if you want if it's simple design. I'm a simple girl hahaha
Thanks Danielle! We might work something out, the person I had make this sticker actually screwed it up. But I didn't complain. I've never had a good experience letting anyone do anything to my vehicles, so the way I saw it she wasn't letting me down by doing a good job.....if that makes any sense. A lot of people say, " Im not perfect, but I am forgiven" and I agree.... kinda, my thing is, I'm not perfect, I'm forgiven and I'm pressing to the mark and high calling I have in Jesus Christ. My whole life is dedicated to seeking the Kingdom of Heaven and Righteousness, from my truck to my family to my avatar to this posting. I can be annoying, but I don't apologize. Jesus is King!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife likes "towfrk", I'd need to get another "Jesus Freak" banner for the back glass first, and I will. In my avatar you might notice the green writing on the white letters, that says "Jesus Saves". In in the "typical tattoo green", if you listen to the song "Jesus Freak" by DC talk it'll kinda make sense........ kinda....

Little known fact: you need fuel inside the tanks to

You are the only one I've ever met that also knows DC talk! The lyrics "what if I stumble, what if I fall and make fools of us all" HAUNTED me my whole teen years!!!!

When I get back from this trip I can make you a decal and ship it over if you want if it's simple design. I'm a simple girl hahaha
Hey I know DC Talk!! I love that band. They have a lot of good songs, Jesus Freak and Supernatural being two of my favorites.
Toby Mac has had a great solo career after they broke up and still make s great music.
Michael Tait (the black guy from DC Talk) is now the lead singer for the Newsboys, which was another one of my favorite bands growing up. Kinda weird hearing him in that band though.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I know DC Talk!! I love that band. They have a lot of good songs, Jesus Freak and Supernatural being two of my favorites.
Toby Mac has had a great solo career after they broke up and still make s great music.
Michael Tait (the black guy from DC Talk) is now the lead singer for the Newsboys, which was another one of my favorite bands growing up. Kinda weird hearing him in that band though.
Yeah, and Kevin Maxx fronted for audio adrenaline for a couple albums too. But Kevin's fell off the wagon, the Lord will get a hold of him though.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score

Gandalf,

Sounds about right. She has it stated in the sig “The fleet”.

That does not even include the toys!

Danielle,

As I recall you work for or run a automotive repair shop, did I get that correct? If so it makes sense, you see lots of cheap used vehicles folks don’t want to fix or want to sell cheap. So easy for you to buy super cheap and repair in your spare time.

But wondering how it feels to drive your Ford pickup one day and the Geo tracker the next? :oops:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a rear blade for the tractor Wednesday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Today I took it for a very overdue bath after work. Might have gotten it a little too clean, started losing things that were supposed to stay on!

Better in the car wash than on the highway!!!!

What is going on with my luck and tires???? Figured out why the trailer had been feeling hoppy lately. Honestly not sure what happened, I'm going to assume I must have locked up the brakes under load at some point.

Then I went and picked up the car my brother in law smashed a deer with so we can take it to the body shop on Monday.

Also got my project Cherokee in the garage today too so maybe I can get started on patching that together. Halfway productive afternoon!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve not been on the forum for a while. Life has been crazy to say the least. Anyway, I didn’t do it today but a couple weeks ago I hauled the year’s supply of hay up the mountain. Truck, trailer, and hay combined weight was around 32,000 pounds
Nice load! That's some pretty hay. If you go back a page, I have my hay load picture. It's only a months worth.

Norark

Reaction score
Replaced my starter and battery cables today. It was a lot of fun in the heat wave we’ve been experiencing :( . Hope I don’t have do that again anytime in the near future. It was worth the effort though. Fires up as soon as I turn the key.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dusting off the old account, I still lurk here just no real time to post... been fixing my old house I got right before covid in 2019.

Tldr; I replaced the old group 31 Duracell battery+ batteries with Costco interstate group 31T batteries, got the truck fired up after sitting a year and found a relay that was sucking power. Costco has them for ~$115 w/15$ core, 950 CCA, 1190 CA, and 195 reserve cap. 18 month warranty, or they had group 65 for like 109 with 36 warranty, closer to 850/1000 rating, 150 RC if you want more warranty and less power. I'm already equipped for stud tops, and have been stuck with too little power so I went for it!

Longer ramblings..:

Old truck is looking real bad; passenger fender ate the door panel up, probably the front clip sagging. Still have the spare tire on the rear, with 3 bald offroad tires on the rest. I'd like to do Alcoa rims with some decent road tires, those mickey Thompsons left me stuck in wet grass enough times that IDGAF about offroad tires now.

Anyway the truck is more rat rod than anything now. But I found the parasitic draw that basically killed my 5 year old group 31 Duracell batteries from batteries+. The relay was drawing power for the electric lift pump i put in back when they were the hot deal around here before peoples' lift pumps started dying. carrier facet or whatever. Anyhow I need to wire it up to a switch, which will help prevent theft anyway. Not that most people know how to glow a plug or drive a stick, but if they get that far it'll drive a block and buck like a horse before dying if the pump is off... if it even goes that far.

Costco has some great deals on batteries here, I got their group 31T, it's damn near 50% more powerful on both CA and CCA. I think 950/1190, versus the old group 31 with 600/850. I swapped them in, moved over my crappy wiring, and the truck started on the first crank! Granted the weather was warm, high 90s, but she's sat around a year. The facet lift pump still has crap in the bottom of the bowl, the rear tank is shot with rust and who knows what. I have a 33gal replacement and fuel line to replace the steel, just no time to drop it.

I'm at a crossroads now I feel like. The drive train is still wicked, running like a top. But that old body and frame have been abused and neglected. I'm stubborn and don't quit but I know I won't have the time to redo it all end to end, when the RABs failed and sent us ass over tea kettle sideways into the curb I lost any faith I had left that this rig was safe to drive. That's what ate the rear tire, I spun out nearly 270 degrees and bounced the back tire off the curb, and rotating me back to face the curb. Between that and driving down a treacherous steep mountain pass near the edge of Oregon by Idaho, around Baker City in the dead of night, and having the lighting controller overheat because I had the brights on because it was so dark and windy, the road doubling back often every stock light in the truck turned off, hazards, headlights, dash, brakes, PITCH BLACK. Yeah I need to do the headlight relay mod, that's another symptom of these 40 year old electronics aging like milk. I hate that lighting controller, it needs to join the glow plug controller in hell.

To get it road ready, right off the top of my head at minimum I'd need to figure out the RABs issue and service the drums, replace the rims and tires, fix or replace my jury-rigged Saginaw power steering pump setup (I need the brackets from an econoline or something, would like to add AC too if I'm dreaming big), and redo all my custom wiring. Drop and replace the rear tank, the fuel switch doesn't always kick over so either the dash switch is bad or the device between tanks sticks, the front clip, cab, and bed rubber all needs replaced, and at this point a new passenger door because the glass is etched to hell, and the door is peeled/bent beyond mending. The frame and body I'd love to POR15 or something. The rest of that dream is cosmetic.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7