So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My projects:

Still renovating truck camper/slide in camper
Swapping tubs from donor to my truck - this is a huge one, since I don't know what I'm doing haha, so just chipping away at it
Installing half height lift in one of my side bays

But I'm also very active in my beekeeping club (just got nominated for a leadership position!) and the PTA (also being nominated for something, but I'm going to decline and just try to continue being their "laborer")

My youngest is only in school from 12.30 to 3pm so for my personal projects I get about 2 hours a day if no house chores are needed

And customer pay work keeps me busy nights and weekends, although I assume it will slow down for the holidays.

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I thaught I had to many projects I just purchased my house last year so plenty if honey do's there other than that
I got the AC D17 that needs a hydro pump
Building a road drag
Kawi klx 250
Rebuilding floor In the horse trailer
95 Chevy heavy half
And the misc projects on the 86 F-350
All while wrestling the 3 kids and wife for an extra 20 min in the garage that needs a good cleaning

pafixitman

Reaction score
I looked at my truck with a nearly flat front tire and a yet to be repaired windshield.

My projects are not all machine related.

Currently have two 10 X 25 storage units rented. Plan was to consolidate over the holiday weekend. Ended up enjoying time with both kids and my son's GF.

Need to get everything moved around (sold our house and moved in with my FIL (health reasons)) It has been a true **** show trying to consolidate.

Need to flip the title on the project pop up camper and sell it as is.

Need to install a railing on the side steps of the rental house based on insurance co inspection.

Need to finish my sister's kitchen, install kitchen window and railing on deck (promised her by end of Sept).

Need to fix my dad's garage door.

Need to replace two leaking faucets, three toilet valves and one leaking drain here.

Take the Maryland Home Improvement Contractor exam on Saturday the 1st.

All while having a day job that requires a 225 mile round trip commute two days a week!

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since we're listing projects:

1) I need to design and build an attached garage. My wife wants a root cellar under it, just to complicate things. It must be completed this fall.
2) Finish an in-frame rebuild of a JD450C crawler loader. I have learned that in-frame is French for ``the hard way.'' This is occupying all my shop space, so I have to complete it before I start any more shop projects.
3) Build a muzzle loading flintlock rifle. I have a chance to learn from a well known artist in the field, so I really have to make this happen. Parts are trickling in. I'm mostly tooled up. Filing metal begins this Saturday.
4) Expand the garden area, put in moose proof fencing, build more raised beds.
5) Rebuild an engine for my '94 crew cab.
6) Rebuild the ZF5 in my '91 plow truck.
7) Refurbish the Autocrane and install on the '91 plow truck.
8) Rebuild the engine in my Kubota tractor.
9) Rebuild the 2.5L DOHC engine in my '99 Subaru.
10) Hang and tape sheet rock in my basement.
11) Need to design and build a tow behind root rake for my JD450.
12) Need to design and build a barn. It must be completed next fall.
13) Rebuild more IDIs for more of my trucks.
14) Build a fire wood shelter.
15) Cut many cords of wood each fall to fill it.

Plus all the other projects that I forgot, and all the projects my wife comes up with. I've reached the point that I'm not looking for new projects.

Edited to add: I have to rebuild the roof on a 20 year old pop-top truck camper before the summer road trip season starts.

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Conducted a resurrection tonight. Promised myself I wouldn't cuss at Mater. Few electrical wiring issues, some fresh battery cable ends and a snort of liquid glow plug, he fired right off after a year of housing field mice.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIFanatic

Reaction score
Brought home my Christmas present. About 3 years overdue.

It even matches. LOL
How do you like it? I’ve had my eye on that one. Can’t beat the price as long as it lasts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? I’ve had my eye on that one. Can’t beat the price as long as it lasts

I had a first gen in my shop at work. It was pretty decent. This one seems a little nicer. Drawers glide nice. I’ll know more when I get it loaded up. My old craftsman box was just falling apart. It is way overloaded.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did most my early learning on a 1984 ATC125M. That's the only small one that I like to have again. Either 84 or 85 would work.

I would play with it except it needs 3 tires, a float bowl gasket, a recoil starter, a choke cable and has no paperwork lol. There's a reason it's not very high on my list. I'll make you a good deal haha.

Is that the harbor freight brand? I'm plenty happy with mine, but its the tall skinny one, 28" maybe? I've had it a few years and the only problem I had was a lock jammed up. Not a problem sitting in my locked garage anyway. Tractor supply has a beautiful DeWalt box on sale now I'm drooling over though.

I was shocked to find the harbor freight box I bought was actually STURDIER than the comparable Craftsman toolbox. So much for American quality...

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conducted a resurrection tonight. Promised myself I wouldn't cuss at Mater. Few electrical wiring issues, some fresh battery cable ends and a snort of liquid glow plug, he fired right off after a year of housing field mice.

How wide is the plow blade on what cable ends did u use on a side note nice rig

RDieselKid84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap is cheap but the two I harbor freight boxes hold the tools, and the three craftsman do a good job. But the Stanley Vidmar is a beast. If you use one you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online