So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so you're aware, that probably won't go 80 down the highway any better than your 86 did before all the work. ;Poke
I am very aware of that… but that’s all right. As of yet that is not the plan with this truck.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that listed on FB Marketplace and thought it looked nice. I would have been more interested if it wasn't a F Superduty.
Any particular reason that you do not like the F super duty trucks?

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like that truck. Looks like a perfect work truck, just needs a lumber rack, turbo, and 4x4 conversion. LOL:Thumbs Up
I was thinking along the lines of a crane rather than a lumber rack, but I 100% agree on the turbo and four-wheel-drive conversion

DrCharles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they have a unique rear axle, or can you swap in a rear from a truck with a more favorable ratio than that stump-pulling 5.13?

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they have a unique rear axle, or can you swap in a rear from a truck with a more favorable ratio than that stump-pulling 5.13?
They are a Dana 80 axle. From my understanding, 4.10 gears can be equipped

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to put my high dollar cat down so I went and got a replacement this morning. He's about 3 months old and hasn't gotten a very warm welcome from my other cats yet. I'm going to call him Midway USA, Midway for short. Not after the shooting supply place. Not after Kinsley, KS which is half way from San Francisco to New York. His name is because I got him in Lebanon, KS which is only a couple of miles from the center of the lower 48 states.

Attachments

• 102_4422.JPG
    102_4422.JPG
    295.1 KB · Views: 4

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
So now for the conclusion of today's adventures with my truck. I've known that the cheap no name Chinese starter on my truck was getting tired. This morning it was 17* and the engine wouldn't have started if I wouldn't have had a can of ether in the bed of the truck. I stayed at home with the scaredy cats and the kitten for a couple of hours to be sure that there wasn't much bloodshed. Then I drove over to work to remedy the starter situation. I had tried a couple of days ago, but I ended up rounding off a bolt head on one of the starter bolts. So I jacked the passenger's side up and went at the bolt with a hammer and chisel. Fortunately that broke the bolt loose so the rest of the R&R wasn't too hard. I had bought generic 3/8" bolt to put in the starter and some more including one to replace the missing on in the driver's side collector on that header. Now the starting is MUCH better and the noise down the highway is MUCH quieter. Overall, I'm happy with the results.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that I'm going to have to put my high dollar cat down so I went and got a replacement this morning. He's about 3 months old and hasn't gotten a very warm welcome from my other cats yet. I'm going to call him Midway USA, Midway for short. Not after the shooting supply place. Not after Kinsley, KS which is half way from San Francisco to New York. His name is because I got him in Lebanon, KS which is only a couple of miles from the center of the lower 48 states.
That's a fine looking feline. I can always mail you more if you need some. Sorry that you lost your "money cat" as I call them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REM70