So what did you do with your truck today?

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made a haul of tools and truck parts on a 2 hour trip and enjoyed every moment. I had not problem keeping up with traffic even when it went 75, but I liked cruising at a mellow 62 (or so). Although I do really want to get that cruise working, I have a feeling it has to do with the wobbly steering wheel...

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added Curt hitch to pull the race trailer and the boat , The Heavy duty steel 10" is great but the tri ball receiver always better. It was not 45 minute job either like the instruction sheet say.

You must be registered for see images attach

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the class-5 receiver off my parts truck yesterday and was going to install it on my F 350 but there were no mounting holes for it. Guess they need to be drilled out?

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3KP .. Yes you need to drill the frame with 17/32 drill bit , Start with small Bit , Make sure you align it right and double check the alignment. It's a process but not bad though . i was going with class 5 but for what i will tow and my budget was no need for it

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drilled my out with a step bit. Worked amazingly well after drilling a small pilot hole.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OOh .. I fixed my driver side mirror as well and mounted my flex plate inspection cover . Mirror bolt was stripped and every time i close the door the mirror swings with it . It was annoying the shitz outa of me . i had to re tap the threads . Now the mirror solid . It was pretty productive weekend and the green machine is ready for the open road

GENIUSLOERTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got rid of the 80's, added some steps to help the wife get into the truck, you can kind of see them in last picture. I need to tweek them a little, I dont like how low they are.

here is a before shot of the rims.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
started mine for the first time in 4 days....

she lit right off.....

got a big grin on my face when this happened.
shes getting closer to my goal!!!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my newly rebuilt C6 shifting funny, and a small misting on the back of the truck after the long ride I took. Upon inspection, I found 5 of 6 bolts from the transfer case adapter missing. Interesting. So I borrowed the bolts off of my 79 Bronco so that I can take care of some business and get some new bolts.

I'll get some new fluid later today.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started mine for the first time in 4 days....

she lit right off.....

got a big grin on my face when this happened.
Four days is a blink of an eye for us. We often let the IDI and/or one of the PSDs go without starting for MONTHS; all they usu. need is a little charge in the batteries and some air in the tires.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine Sat for 8 years and it started right up after we charged the Battery, ..:sly :D

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I like my posts ending in 69, I have to move on...

Added the necessary fluids to the Beast, in the rain of course, and for some odd reason it shifts and the truck moves like it is supposed to now!
Who'd have known...? :)