So im getting tired of fighting with what may be air

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Hey guys im in camp and we just got internet set up here after many weeks of no communications. Any ways been waiting to post this video. When my truck sits over night it is a pita to start next morning. It has new return lines, new lift pump, new olives filters are maybe a month old all glow plugs work . Ip and injectors came from a parts truck that had them installed only 50k prior to me getting them and ive maybe put 2000km on em and now when it sits over night its a pain to start like crank 30 se onds the it finally goes and coughs. Once its warm and running it clears up and runs great and it can sit 4 hrs and it has almost no air starts right away with minimal smoke.
You must be registered for see images attach

So now i checked the valve or regulator on the ip to left return line and i canont blow air with my mouth in either direction as it should be right?
Next i check the valve on the filter housing i cant blow air through hose from right return line into filter, but when i suck on that line i got a mouth full of diesel is this bad? Id seem to think that it should work this way. Any other areas i can check as ill be back in town to work on my truck friday morning.

If theres any questions ask and ill respond as soon as i can when im back in from work tonight

Thanks

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the return line on pump.

The return line on the filter head hooks up to a 1 way valve. So it makes sense to me that you can't blow into the filter, but get diesel when pulling a vacuum.

I would let the truck run for a while and look for wet spots underneath it by the fuel lines. The return line comes off the drivers side rear of the engine and then runs down the drivers frame rail. If somethings wet, then it's probably leaking. I would also check out the fuel filter housing good. Fuel heaters and stuff on there can leak eventually.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because you have new fuel returns, doesn't mean you won't have leaks, air or otherwise. It's possible one or more caps are not seated correctly. Clear vinyl tubing is your friend for diagnosing air leaks.

pedro_8149

7.3L Remote Turbo
Reaction score
Ok so i was intown yesterday to pick supplies up and my truck. I changed the return lines and o rings brought it to ford and they re timed it nothing there has changed and it still is a hard start and smokey when it finally fires after lotsa crankings. It has new orings and olives everywhere. New return lines. New lift pump. New fuel filter housing and filter what do i check next is it possible that an injector leaks its fuel out or lets air back and returns to pump? Im out of cell service for 4 more days but ill check here tonight. I got internet now in camp and my truck this time.

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also remember to check where the rubber line meets the steel return main coming off the real of the engine - I had a leak here once that took forever to find.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any smoke out of the tailpipe when you have to do all that cranking in the morning? Point your pass side mirror down to the tailpipe so you can see it while cranking.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow...not much luck of late, he Where are we at these days? I did text message you a few times, I inda thought you may be away.

I can always be reached here!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online