SMOKE OUT OF THE INJECTION PUMP

rayv

Reaction score
I HAVE A 94GMC 6.5L DETROIT DIESEL SUBURBAN. TWO WEEKS AGO I DID REPLACED THE HEATER HOSE AND THE BYPASS CROSSOVER ON THE TRUCK. I ALSO REPLACE THE FRONT BRAKES TO ET READY FOR THE TRIP. I DID ROAD TEST THE TRUCK AT THE HIGHWAY. IT DID RUN FIND, THEN THE TROUBLE LIGHT CAME ON. ON THE WAY BACK TO MY PLACE THE LIGHT WAS GONE. I DID TURN OFF THE ENGINE AND HAD MY SUPPER. AFTER I ATE, I START THE TRUCK AND THE TRUCK WOULD NOT START. MY SON SAW SMOKE COMMING OUT OF THE HOOD. WE OPEND THE HOOD AND SMOKE COMMING FROM THE FUEL INJECTION PUMP AREA.

THIS PAST WEEK, I DID RETRIEVE THE CODE. HERE ARE THE CODES:
17 HIGH RESOLUTION CIRCUIT FAULT
26 ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION (APP) 2 CIRCUIT LOW
29 GLOW PLUG RELAY CIRCUIT FAULT
35 INJECTION PULSE WITH ERROR (RESPONSE TIME SHORT)
36 INJECTION PULSE WITH ERROR ( RESPONSE TIME LONG)
76 RESUME/ACCELERATOR SWITCH FAULT
78 WASTEGATE SOLENOID FAULT
86 LOW RATIO ERROR
91 CYLINDER BALANCE FAULT
96 CYLINDER BALANCE FAULT
97 CYLINDER BALANCE FAULT

CAN ANYONE HELP AND WHAT DO I NEED TO LOOK FOR. WHAT DO I NEED TO REPLACE? IS THIS THE FSD OR MORE THAN THAT.

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know those black boxes (I call them black boxes) on those pumps get replaced often. Not sure if this is it, but is a suggestion.

rayv

Reaction score
TMass,

I did replaced the black box last week with the health kit. I got the truck running for 10 miles. Now it is on my driveway and would not start again. I have more codes. Some of the old codes are gone but new ones came up.

ProMac1K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about the GM fuel system. That was just from what I learned at a shop where I interned at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online