boogieman13ie

Reaction score
My belt turn slow so dose my fan on my 93. F250 7.3 idi zf tranny

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh.... Wat?
I can barely make heads or tails out of that.

You are complaining that the serpentine belt is turning slowly? Uh... is it slipping or not?

If it's not slipping, it's fine.

Same with the fan - it's a clutch fan, so unless you get it really hot, it will spin much slower than the engine is... it doesn't *need* to be spinning at all, most times!

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Uh.... Wat?
I can barely make heads or tails out of that.

You are complaining that the serpentine belt is turning slowly? Uh... is it slipping or not?

If it's not slipping, it's fine.

Same with the fan - it's a clutch fan, so unless you get it really hot, it will spin much slower than the engine is... it doesn't *need* to be spinning at all, most times!
My fan turns on when the truck starts and its making a ssueaking sound about 2 weeks my go plugs light came on for a second then off then clicking then stoped then back to clicking and have to crank it like 3 times at cold start also started hearing knocking and chatter it idles rough then thats when i notice that squeaking sound the go plug situation only happens sometimes at start up sometimes the go plugs do the hole cycle fine so dont onow whats going on

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are talking about four complaints here.

You think your belt runs 'to slow', whatever that means.
Your GP light will come on and off when the truck is warm, when driving down the road?
Your truck will sometimes hard start in the morning.
Your hear an unidentified squeaking noise from the engine bay, possibly related to the belt drive or fan.

is that accurate? A simple yes or no will suffice here. Then we can offer some advise on how to address each issue.

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
So you are talking about four complaints here.

You think your belt runs 'to slow', whatever that means.
Your GP light will come on and off when the truck is warm, when driving down the road?
Your truck will sometimes hard start in the morning.
Your hear an unidentified squeaking noise from the engine bay, possibly related to the belt drive or fan.

is that accurate? A simple yes or no will suffice here. Then we can offer some advise on how to address each issue.

No

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
No

Im gonna try so say it diffrently ok looks like my pulleys are turning slow so i dont know if one of then is having problems turning witch is slowing the other ones up the go plug light when ever i go try to turn the switch to my truck on the light comes on for like 3 seconds then it turns off then ckicking also my volt gauge starts to go crazy then stops clicking then back to clicking then the truck has a hard start with rough idle but on ocations the light stays on for the hole cycle then off the the truck fires up with no problem and the idle is great and this happens if it cold start or the truck is warm. Also my fan comes on as soon as truck comes on

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me write out what I think you are saying, and I will also separate the complaints by paragraph to, and also throw some sentences in there while I am at it.

What you mean to say...

Looks like my pulleys are turning slowly. I don't know if one of them is having problems turning. It seems to be slower then the other one.

(I will have to riddle through the next part by filling in the blanks because in makes no sense to me)

When I turn my ignition key on, sometimes the glow plug light comes on for like three seconds, then it turns off and then I will hear a clicking sound. While this is happening my volt gauge goes up and down, in a crazy way. Then it will click on and off, and when the truck does start it will run rough. Sometimes the light will stay on solid the whole time (time = cycle?) and when this happens the truck starts without any issues and idles great. This happens when the truck is warm or cold, does not seem to matter

Is this what you mean to say?

Let me respond to the belt drive issue. That isn't how a belt drive system works. If one of the pulleys was 'dragging' it would be slipping on (I assume being a 93 you have a serpentine belt) the belt, and it would smoke the belt very quickly. The only way it would be running slower then it should be, would be if your base RPM was to low.

Most viscous type lockup fans will stay locked up on initial startup, and release as the warm up. Once they a higher temp, they should begin to lockup completely

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Let me write out what I think you are saying, and I will also separate the complaints by paragraph to, and also throw some sentences in there while I am at it.

What you mean to say...

Looks like my pulleys are turning slowly. I don't know if one of them is having problems turning. It seems to be slower then the other one.

(I will have to riddle through the next part by filling in the blanks because in makes no sense to me)

When I turn my ignition key on, sometimes the glow plug light comes on for like three seconds, then it turns off and then I will hear a clicking sound. While this is happening my volt gauge goes up and down, in a crazy way. Then it will click on and off, and when the truck does start it will run rough. Sometimes the light will stay on solid the whole time (time = cycle?) and when this happens the truck starts without any issues and idles great. This happens when the truck is warm or cold, does not seem to matter

Is this what you mean to say?

Let me respond to the belt drive issue. That isn't how a belt drive system works. If one of the pulleys was 'dragging' it would be slipping on (I assume being a 93 you have a serpentine belt) the belt, and it would smoke the belt very quickly. The only way it would be running slower then it should be, would be if your base RPM was to low.

Most viscous type lockup fans will stay locked up on initial startup, and release as the warm up. Once they a higher temp, they should begin to lockup completely
Yes thats what i ment ok but ive never seen my fan stop spinning even after the truck is warmed up

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fan will not stop spinning when the engine is running. That's how it's supposed to be. It will slow down and speed up when the clutch locks and unlocks with temperature.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please, boogieman13ie, take the extra time to write out full sentences and use some capitalization.
You are getting free help from us; help us help you by explaining yourself as clearly as you can.
Line breaks are also much appreciated.

boogieman13ie

Reaction score
Please, boogieman13ie, take the extra time to write out full sentences and use some capitalization.
You are getting free help from us; help us help you by explaining yourself as clearly as you can.
Line breaks are also much appreciated.
Yes Sir, I will do that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online